• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Introduction - Barney Holt

Barney Holt

Hello to one and all. My name is Barney Holt. I am working together with my son to establish a service disabled veteran owned mobile power washing business in the Wilmington, NC area. We plan to begin in the residential arena then grow to commercial and government contracting. As of yet, we have not agreed on our name but, we do agree we need training before we purchase equipment and attempt to learn under fire. My review of this forum and a brief discussion with Doug Rucker have convinced me we can save alot of time and money by seeking advice from you who are and have been operating extremely profitable businesses of your own. Though I'm not crazy about sitting down at the computer, I look forward to learning from you. I'd like to begin my quest for knowledge by asking how can we acheive the quickest and most cost effective training and certifications for residential cleaning either nearest to Wilmington or online? Also, I'm a little confused as to which path, (Pressure or SoftWash) to take and what are the potential equipment requirement differences that will affect startup costs. Thank you in advance for your valued assistance.

Jay Rissler

Welcome to the UAMCC Barney!

hang around here and ask questions and you will learn a ton.

The best place to start is just reading the forums here and also over at PWI forum.

Next thing to do is attend an UAMCC sponsored event, there you will meet and get to network with others that have been in the industry.

Tony Shelton

Environmental Consultant / Past Director
Welcome Barney. A few long hours on the Pressure Washing Institute would be a good start to familiarize yourself with terms and a little bit on procedure. Same thing with the UAMCC forum. From that research you should be able to figure out which guys seem to do well in that section of the industry. Most of them would be glad to talk with you and answer any questions you might have.

Good luck!

Doug Rucker

UAMCC Board of Directors
I'd like to begin my quest for knowledge by asking how can we acheive the quickest and most cost effective training and certifications for residential cleaning either nearest to Wilmington or online? Also, I'm a little confused as to which path, (Pressure or SoftWash) to take and what are the potential equipment requirement differences that will affect startup costs. Thank you in advance for your valued assistance.

Hey Barney, great talking to you the other day. I am not familiar with any training available in the North Carolina area, I do know of a few contractors that may be willing to help you out and let you "ride along", as for online training, you need to check out Soft Wash Community. AC has some great training modules that you can attend via the internet along with testing after. I highly recommend you participate in some or all of those. Pete Marentay at Sub Brite Supply on Lawrencville GA also has some training and he may be the closest thing I know that is near you.

As for equipment requirements, minimum required is going to be a 3000-3500PSI 4 GPM pressure washer, Surface Cleaner, and other items. For soft washing using a dedicated pump, I use the Dual Roof Pump system from Paul at www.powerwashstore.com. It is a great system and I have been using mine for about 3 years now. Soft Washing with a Pressure Washer just requires the correct nozzles, which can be gotten from whomever you buy your machine from.

Hope this help, and feel free to call me anytime.

Barney Holt

Thanks Doug. I found my way into the SoftWash training and am half way through Lead Tech package (thanks to the adult supervision AC provided me) I want to make sure we qualify to purchase our first system. I was trying to figure out how to attend your training then swing by Arkansas and buy the truck Mike Bryson has for sale. Wishfull thinking I'm sure. But, we'll get there. Thanks again.

Barney Holt

Not to exclude the rest of you fine gents that have welcomed me here. Thank you too. I look forward to meeting and working with many of you in the future. Thank you for your selfless offers of assistance as well. Regards, Barney Holt

Doug Rucker

UAMCC Board of Directors
Thanks Doug. I found my way into the SoftWash training and am half way through Lead Tech package (thanks to the adult supervision AC provided me) I want to make sure we qualify to purchase our first system. I was trying to figure out how to attend your training then swing by Arkansas and buy the truck Mike Bryson has for sale. Wishfull thinking I'm sure. But, we'll get there. Thanks again.

That's great. I see AC posted today that he has some hands on training now, so that may be an option for you as well. I think they have a guy in NC, so that may save you a few dollars over coming to Houston..