• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Gift Cards!!!!!

DJ Carroll

In February I will be hosting an informative meeting for all local Realtor. This meeting will introduce roof cleaning, what it is, how it works, and all that tech jazz. Then I will go into selling the Realtor on the benefits of selling the benefits to the seller. I'm going to pitch it as a win-win-WIN situation. EasyPro gets business, the Realtor gets more commission from a higher asking price, and the seller gets a higher asking price from having a clean property!

I just came up with this last night so this may be a little foggy still -

Give every realtor that attends a $50 gift card to be used with EasyPro Property Services. They can give this to either the current seller or as a gift to the new seller. they can use it for anything. I figure its a great idea because now the Realtor has a free gift to give away so why wouldn't they mention me? This will get me more customers as well as an intro to new HO moving into the area.

What are your thoughts?

Ken Fenner

Its a great idea and program. The acquisition cost might be high though for what is effectively going to be a one time customer.

DJ Carroll

Its a great idea and program. The acquisition cost might be high though for what is effectively going to be a one time customer.

One time customer?

Do you mean because it is a roof cleaning?

See I have come up with something to combat that also! (i'm really starting to get cabin fever lol ) I am really going to push a protection plan where every year we come out and re-coat your roof to keep it clean!

Gene Fivel

( Give every realtor that attends a $50 gift card to be used with EasyPro Property Services.)

Are you saying 1 gift card to each agent there or each company there?

Ken Fenner

One time customer?

Do you mean because it is a roof cleaning?

See I have come up with something to combat that also! (i'm really starting to get cabin fever lol ) I am really going to push a protection plan where every year we come out and re-coat your roof to keep it clean!

Who is your customer? Is it the realtor or the homeowner?

If its the homeowner, you are doing a job fpor a person that is probably moving out of your service area. If the customer is indeed your realtor, you may have to keep the program going at which point when you grow and your marketing costs drop across the board, you will be locked into too high of an acquistion rate and everything referred from a realtor becomes busy work at lower profit. Does that make sense? (the way I am explaining it, I mean)

If its the realtor, then will you have to then give this person a handful of these cards and reup them when they run out?

If you do a $350 roof cleaning and spend $50 to get that job, you are allocating approximately 15% in marketing cost to get it. That's certainly reasonable at your stage of the game. If you do a $250 roof then that cost percentage rises to 20%. That would be way high for me, but for a guy starting out, it is still within reason. I don't want to dissuade you at all, I think the program is sound. I want you to look at your numbers and factor it correctly.

Last edited:

plainpainter

D.J. - cabin fever? You think this business is all go go go - you'll see. Now imagine a New England winter, hmmmm, followed by unprecedented rainy season that puts you out of work for 2-3 months during the busiest part of your season, a la summer '06. You have no idea.....

DJ Carroll

D.J. - cabin fever? You think this business is all go go go - you'll see. Now imagine a New England winter, hmmmm, followed by unprecedented rainy season that puts you out of work for 2-3 months during the busiest part of your season, a la summer '06. You have no idea.....

Dan this is a business forum please stay out of my threads if you have nothing useful to contribute

servicemark p.w.

my brother did the gift cert idea. he gave them to realtors, luckly he put an expiration date on them. about a year later, one of the realtors had collected over $400. worth and tried to use them on her own property. she kept asking my bro for more throughout the year. he though she was actually giving them to customers.. lesson, expiration date, can not be used with other offers.

topcoat

Contributing Member

Dan

Its about planning and execution. I'm in N.E too, and my crew hasnt had a day without work in almost 3 years. No end in sight. Marketing. All possible forms.

I think DJ's idea is interesting. Ken may be right about the acquisition cost for a simple roof job. I would be shooting for more comprehensive service. Do more than just the roof. I am also a big fan of promoting annual maintenance contracts. Get the decks DJ. Every year.

I personally would not spend a ton of energy on realtors right now. They are generally about as dead in the water as can be. Homeowners on the other hand, they are committing to not buying or selling right now for myriad reasons, so they will need to maintain what they have.

Ryan Freidline

D.J. IMHO, you are moving, and when you move you create energy, and energy is always good, however that being said; Dan is spot on regarding the realtors right now. They are selling 2 things right now: JACK & Poop, the only problem is Jack can't even sell his house in this market.
$50.00 / head IMHO is a ton for these guys. And consider this: if the market continues south these guys are gonna be bailin and gettin real jobs (9-5).
We (The A-Team) have created a file of about 200 realtors that we are about to start e-mailing on a regular basis (bout every 2 weeks) the trick with this is to get noticed in the subject line before you get tossed in the recycle bin.
Also the realtors belong to an organization, which is always looking for affiliates to "sponsor" (buy food) their meetings and get togethers.

Ryan Freidline

BTW- I misunderstood about the gift cards. I didn't realize they were for your services. i was thinking red lobster or something, sorry.
GREAT IDEA DJ:clap:

**B.A. feelin dumb**