• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

WaterJet Surface Cleaner

Tony Shelton

Environmental Consultant / Past Director
We use these because they are heavy duty and last a long time between repairs. And 20 inch size makes the fast and easy to maneuver.

The deublin swivels they use are very expensive (about $500) and we are taking Ron's advice to swap them with the mosmatic kit (about 300 for the kit with the swivel then about $170 for the swivels after that) when the swivels go out.

I found another problem with the Waterjet setup that I never noticed before now. Below the swivel there is a bearing that guides that pipe down from the swivel and into the body of the unit.

We've replaced the bearings before, they are only about $20. But they seem to go through bearings fairly frequently, about three times the rate of swivels.

This time we have two of them taken apart for bearings. I cleaned the shafts or pipes that go through the swivel with a wire grinding wheel and noticed that the shafts are deeply grooved where in the area there the bearings slide. They are grooved to the point that a new bearing fits tightly on either end, but very loose at the area where the bearings move.

This must be why we are going through so many bearings. This is a heavy duty stainless shaft. I don't understand how it could get grooved that easily. AND the local Landa place wants $130!!!!! for that 6 inch pipe!

So, at this point I'm going to start swapping the whole setup with Mosmatic whenever the swivel OR bearing goes out.

Next time I want a new WaterJet it would be cheaper to order the mosmatic kit, then order the plastic body and handle as parts from Landa and make my own.

Chris Chappell

Tony, what is in the mosmatic kit?

Does it convert it to a non-adjustable surface cleaner or do you still have the adjustable height?

Do you have pics of this stuff? Just curious as I don't have a water jet.

Thanks.