• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

RT, Networking? Worth it?

Terry Miller

The price of gas is going up. Airfare included. Of course you know this. You are a smart business person. Now the answer is are you smart enough to continue to grow your business? It would be easy to say, it cost too much, I will not attend the next RT. The money could be used in buying chems or a new machine? Good choice? Probably if you need the equipment and that is all you budget for the year. Chances are you won't grow as much though. We found after our first 3 years in business that we need to educate ourselves. Network, train, attend as many meetings and seminairs as possible. We still do it 8 years later. The value of learning from others is worth more than any piece of equipment we could ever purchase. The networking and knowing who our friends are around the country will grow your business faster then anything you could buy. Right now, we are attending three PWing RT, one PDCA networking weekend, many local gatherings with our chamber and PDCA functions. All cost money. All require our time and effort to just be there. I guarantee we will grow from the knowledge we gain. Our business will do better in time to come do to sharing ideas and learning from others. We in return will share our ideas and help others grow as possible. If possible, attend at least one RT or do as much networking as you are able to afford. You will grow your business and return your investment time and time again. Just my 2 cents. Thank You.

Ken Fenner

Great points, Terry. Its when you think you have it all figured out or have the attitude that no one can teach you anything that things can fall apart. I was not into the concept of round tables. What can a bunch of guys sitting in Hooters™ talking about equipment do for me? I was very wrong as there is so much more that just keeps paying off. I've learned much in the few that I have attended.

Terry Miller

We are signed up for MB, NO, KY, PDCA St. Louis and maybe Atlantic City this year. We feel the investment this year will bring us enjoyment, education and grow our business. I hope to meet many new faces and possibly help deliver a message as we travel. I'm excited in putting the face with the names. I hope I won't dissapoint anyone and will share as possible. What RT, events are you attending this year? How will it benefit you as an individual and business owner? What will you hope to bring back with you? Thank You.

Doug Dahlke

Donating Member
I have attended the Alabama and Atlanta RT's earlier this year. I still want to go to Myrtle Beach. Holding off to see if some more business gets booked before then. I think you always learn something at these type events. Meeting people face to face that you see on the boards is good too. Surrounding yourself with people who are sucessful in the same business you are in can only you help you to do better.

John Tornabene

Member Guest
No Brainer!!! RT's are worth it for A-networking B-Learning C-write off for the event,,,,and D- Having a great time with like mine friends. End result if you play your cards right--PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!

Matt Bryan

Donating Member
Every one I have been to has been well worth the price to get there. I have heard the same from guys that have attended the local rounds we have put on out here. I think the first one my old man did was back in '83, wow 25 years ago:eek: I'll look around and see if I can dig up any old docs from that one:cool:

I think the guys got the most out the on site demos we do. When they see different equipment, and how well it works in certain situations, they aren't as shy about spending the money to get it. It also helps when they can buy it right there on the spot:D

Jeff LeCours

I enjoy and learn off these BB's actually meeting the people is a great part of the RT's. I have only been to 1 RT and it got me thinking and thats why I am doing the Myrtle Beach one and i hope to go to at least one more by the end of the year

Its such a wealth of information to take in.

Terry Miller

Jeff,
Our company took a stand 8 years ago to be:
Educated, knowledgable and agressive. We have attended many conventions, RT, seminairs, schools, etc. the last 8 years. The first year we decided to do this we spent all our profits on education. We contribute at least 20% yearly doing what we need to do to grow our business. I hear many say they cannot afford it? We'll truth is, you cannot, not to afford it. If you are as smart next year as you are this year, your losing ground. We all need to grow our business yearly as well as daily. We bit the bullit and pay for what we know. Final results:
Our business has grown by at least 20% gross, per year for the last 8. Is is worth it? Do the math. I am very happy to hear you will attend more this year than last. I hope to have a great discussion with folks about growing our businesses. I learn each time we do this. Maybe we can set aside an hr. just for this? Thank You.