• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Hey ya'll

Ken Fenner

That's how we keep them coming back.. with the smilies.

LOL on your signature. That won't offer you much protection. In fact, it'll probably get you mugged.

Welcome aboard.

Carlos Gonzales

William...it's good seeing you over here.

Welcome!

Posting pics. After you type in your message in the thread you can scroll down just a bit. There you will see "Attach Files". Hit the Manage Attachments button. It should take you into another window where you can follow the instructions for uploading!!

Ken - did I get that right? LOL. :saai:

Anyway...welcome again!

William Page

60 stitches and a month later I have about 80% range of motion in my arm. Been keeping the guys busy about 3 days a week for now. Apartments start back Feb 1 in Tenn. Hopefully when we get back in March the economy will have changed a little and the residential will pick up.

Eric Flynn

Hey William,

Aren't you on PWI also?
Eric is a fireman also for well over 10 years...and I've been a dispatcher with our city's PD for 8 years now.
Anyhow, welcome!

~Jen

Carlos Gonzales

Seems we have a few folks from the fire industry...

Who's that guy on the left? :rolleyes:

Attachments

• Wildland.jpg
    Wildland.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 33

William Page

My washing business was to the point that I had full time guys working while I was at the station and couldn't handle things the way I needed to. I missed soccer games and cub scout meetings. That and I had worked 7 Christmas days in a row due to transfers and promotions. My last day was 12/21/06. Best thing I ever did. You get to the point, or I did, that I hated when the buzzer went off and didn't get the rush anymore. Burnt out I guess.

Eric Flynn

My washing business was to the point that I had full time guys working while I was at the station and couldn't handle things the way I needed to. I missed soccer games and cub scout meetings. That and I had worked 7 Christmas days in a row due to transfers and promotions. My last day was 12/21/06. Best thing I ever did. You get to the point, or I did, that I hated when the buzzer went off and didn't get the rush anymore. Burnt out I guess.

Boy, do we know that feeling.
A few years ago, Eric gave up a Lieutenants position because I think we were both burnt out. And dont even get me started on the holidays, because you know that is when all the structure fires happen! On top of it all, were the politics that seem to plague every department. Anyhow, he took a much needed break from it all only going to a few calls here and there, and now he is back very active again. Guess we just needed that break to recover from it all, lol.
At least you have time to run your business the way YOU want to do it now and you are there for your kid(s). Good luck to you!

Douglas Hicks

After 25 + years as a volunteer, paid, Asst Chief/TO, the pager woke me up at 2:00 AM. I sat up in bed and thought "Another damn fire" I turned in my turnouts the next day. As Captain Myrv said one shift, when you don't look forward to the next call, it is time to quit and give someone else a chance.