• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

The hard way

Jeff LeCours

I did my first roof ( Not this one) with a pump up sprayer and New Again S Hydrox, burnt a whole in my back, 2nd roof i did with a 5 gallon 2cc pesticide pump and New Again

Gave up S Hydrox and went to 12%, Here's some pics of Xjetting roofs, it works and I could do a roof fast but is it the best way, I would say not. I don't do hardly any roofs anymore but I used to love my Xjet

This roof you can see in the 3rd picture how the lichen just ate right into the shingles, this was under a oak tree

Attachments

• 11r22.jpg
    11r22.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 42
  • 11r2.jpg
    11r2.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 37
  • 11r222.jpg
    11r222.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 34

Jeff LeCours

Getting ready to xjet another one & finished

a half & half pic

All old pics but I do love the difference between before & after. I dont understand why anyone would let their roofs stay black. You pay hundreds of thousands to buy a house and then just a disgusting roof ruins it

Attachments

• broof.jpg
    broof.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 37
  • broof1.jpg
    broof1.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 41
  • roofhalf.jpg
    roofhalf.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 45

Scott Davis

Our first couple months were with a "waterbroom" and a hydroxide based cleaner, and we only did low pitch roofs because steep pitches were so difficult to clean. Then the house below came along and we were a month and a half in and this one was like $650!! LOL...The most expensive one we'd had the customer approve!! That was a fortune at the time (we were broke)

Well we decided to do it. It took us 2 1/2 days to finish half the roof trying to use the waterbroom/pressure washer. Then our PW broke!! I was freaking out, so I called my dad and he said try and use bleach. So I went and got some bottles and a pump up sprayer and finished the house in like 2 hours!! Thats when I started looking around the boards and found all of you guys. Its amazing to think back at how quickly I would have quit this business had every roof over 2000sqft taken me 2 days!!!!!!

I owe every person on these boards alot, and hope I can help some new guys out now that ive become "seasoned".

Attachments

• Residential roof cleaning Houston TX.jpg
    Residential roof cleaning Houston TX.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 36

Jeff LeCours

Our first couple months were with a "waterbroom" and a hydroxide based cleaner, and we only did low pitch roofs because steep pitches were so difficult to clean. Then the house below came along and we were a month and a half in and this one was like $650!! LOL...The most expensive one we'd had the customer approve!! That was a fortune at the time (we were broke)

Well we decided to do it. It took us 2 1/2 days to finish half the roof trying to use the waterbroom/pressure washer. Then our PW broke!! I was freaking out, so I called my dad and he said try and use bleach. So I went and got some bottles and a pump up sprayer and finished the house in like 2 hours!! Thats when I started looking around the boards and found all of you guys. Its amazing to think back at how quickly I would have quit this business had every roof over 2000sqft taken me 2 days!!!!!!

I owe every person on these boards alot, and hope I can help some new guys out now that ive become "seasoned".

Funny looking back

Wow that house would of killed me using S Hydrox. Your Dad camme through for you on that one. good Ole dad:worshippy:

My first roof cleaning experience involved a pump-up sprayer, many 1 gallon jugs of household b****h, 5-6 hours, a 1400 sq. ft. roof and a sun burn......
:Smiley-2142:

It was also the last with a pump-up sprayer.

Probably one of the best (and worst) motivating experiences I've ever had.

Last edited:

Scott Davis

I concur Don. My first house with a delevan and a dedicated chem tank was about a week after the house above. With the old way wouldnt have been able to do it because of the angles and size. Instead it took us 4-5 hours and we were absolutely mesmerized!!

Its funny though. It has seemed like everytime we learn a new skill/ method, a job comes along that if we didnt have that skill/,method, the jop wouldnt be possible. There was a tile roof we didnt have to walk, but I decided to do it just to get comfortable, and I realized it wasnt so bad. Then we landd a job that was 14000 sqft of tile and didnt have access for a lift and was way to big to shoot from the gutters. Luckily I new how to walk tiles. lol

Anyone noticed that?

I had forgotten about it, but it's very true in my past experiences also.

You tend to find yourself feeding off the last job experience to get you through the next.

Eventually, you accept the whole deal because you've been 'baptized' by then and you just deal with whatever structure stands before you......

Scott Davis

I had forgotten about it, but it's very true in my past experiences also.

You tend to find yourself feeding off the last job experience to get you through the next.

Eventually, you accept the whole deal because you've been 'baptized' by then and you just deal with whatever structure stands before you......

Thats where we are now. There isn't a roof we can't clean. We may need to do it quicker, but we can do any roof. And thats a pretty great feeling after a year of mistakes and learning experiences.

Thats where we are now. There isn't a roof we can't clean. We may need to do it quicker, but we can do any roof. And thats a pretty great feeling after a year of mistakes and learning experiences.

Absolutely!

Just always remember that safety comes first and try to stay within your 'comfort zone.'

If you guys are there after only one year, you've drastically decreased your learning curve.

Great job Scott!
Don

John Orr

UAMCC Treasurer
I did my first roof ( Not this one) with a pump up sprayer and New Again S Hydrox, burnt a whole in my back, 2nd roof i did with a 5 gallon 2cc pesticide pump and New Again

Ah, how I miss the pain of a SH hole in the back - or leg or arm or hand! lol I too started with New Again. But I also started with 3 gpm! lol

Those of us that survive, learn from our mistakes - and through the likes of this and other bbs - we are able to learn through the mistakes of others.