• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Roof Shampoo or SH?

Derryll Fox

Ok, so I am pretty sure that you have already discussed the difference between so called Roof Shampoo vs. SH. So that is not what this post is about. I ran across this website and it claims that Consumer Reports recommends NOT using SH. It basically calls the roofing manufacturers lairs. I am concerned, because if I was a customer and I read this, I would not hire a company that used SH. What say you? FullSizeRender(1).jpgFullSizeRender(2).jpg

John Aloisio

Contributing Member
Looks like the shampoo guys basically took an article from 2009 in hthe tips section of consumer reports and exaggerated and made it benefit their cause. The expanded on a lot of info that was in this short article, but failed to mention that the article also states .."(Note: If plants and grass are watered before applying the bleach solution and if the bleach solution is applied correctly, vegetation shouldn't be harmed by the cleaning.)

Derryll Fox

Ok, so I read the article. Basically they sound like they have a friend in the roof shampooing business and this article was a favor to them. Surprised that CR printed a crap article like that. No comparing of the two different methods at all.

Ralph Quaglia

Consumer reports are hacks and ARE partisan or biased. They used to recommend the worst sealer on the market, back when I was doing decks. I had to explain this over and over to customers who wanted to use crap on their deck.

Tony Evans

Board of Director
Just like the BBB it's all about who pays them. Pay enough and you are suddenly the right choice.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Gene Beck

First, how many of your costumers will have access to or even read this article. Second, for the few that read it have you prepared a argument for your process. Remember that when confronted with things of this nature you already have advantage of other party not present. How confidently you counter this kind of paid propaganda will determine the out come.