• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

F9 BARC to clean brick

Eric Holmes

Contributing Member
I have a home with red clay on brick underpinning. I'm wondering should I let my solution dry as I would on concrete or do I rinse it off as I would do on vinyll when attacking the same problem? Any suggestions?

Justin Beachy

Contributing Member
I have not used F9 BARC to clean brick. What I use is Eacochems product called OneRestore and the way I apply that is to lightly wet the brick with water and then spray OneRestore undiluted onto the area you want to clean. Wait 5 minutes but make sure it doesnt dry like if its in direct sunlight spray a mist on it to keep it wet. After you have waited 5 minutes spray it again with the OneRestore and wait another 5 minutes and then you should be able to rinse that red mud right off of there with about 1000 psi.I dont know if F9 is the same way or not.

Doug Rucker

UAMCC Board of Directors
Eric, don't let it dry. Never a good idea to let any acid product dry on brick. Wet it first, keep it wet and rinse good.

Craig Harrison

UAMCC Associate Member
I have a home with red clay on brick underpinning. I'm wondering should I let my solution dry as I would on concrete or do I rinse it off as I would do on vinyll when attacking the same problem? Any suggestions?
Eric,For red clay, use F9 Efflo. Start with a 10:1 dilution. For stubborn stains we may go down to a 3:1 or even stronger but be careful not to etch. Watch with a careful eye. There is a balance between how much you can remove vs. any damage that can be incurred. What I CAN guarantee you is that Efflo is much safer, stronger (can be diluted further) and is much more user friendly than the Eaco product.