View Full Version : Question regarding transport

Thomas McMillan
04-29-2015, 11:17 PM
I found a chemical supplier near my home that has a great price on SH. I can get a 55 gal drum of 12.5% for $94 BUT they are requiring my driver (me) to be hazmat certified. Ok from my understanding the DOT limits transport to 1,000lbs which is roughly 100-125 gallons.

Is the chem supplier right in saying I need to be hazmat certified in order to take possession and transport a 55 gal drum or is that erroneous information? What would stop me from buying 55 one gallon jugs from my local pool store?

Another supplier has SH for $3.66 a gallon and they didn't say anything about needing a hazmat but I didn't think to ask either, maybe it was assumed by them that I had one already.

Thanks in advance

Nick Posthuma
05-17-2015, 11:28 PM
Tom it's 1001 pounds or more. Rq or reportable Quantity and vehicle needs placards front, back, and sides.

Guy Blackmon
05-28-2015, 08:19 AM
I would just pay the supplier a little more for delivery. We have ours delivered 1 or 2 times a week.

Nicholas Manzi
11-03-2017, 08:25 PM
I can't believe how much people are paying for SH... Find the supplier that supplies your supplier

Sent from my Alcatel 6055U using UAMCC mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=93268)