• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

ptstate feels like a whole new place

Status
Not open for further replies.

plainpainter

There seems to be such a ration of newcomers lately to ptstate - is it just me or does it feel like a whole new place now? There was one guy talking about mixing his bleach solution with citric acid to clean the rust of a house?!?!?!? He wouldn't take one comment of mine about how that was such a bad idea - nor did he want to comprehend that citric acid does diddly squat for rust - it's just so bizarre over there now.

plainpainter

I started typing and then thought, "Nah, why bother...."

Thad - I have a feeling that you are not alone among the 'elders' in thinking that way. I was going to respond again - but I didn't bother either, he seemed hell bent on thinking what he was doing was right - so I left it at that.

Jeff LeCours

Dan I have been around a long time on these BB's Bobs PT State is just fine. I have seen fights, arguements, smart people, stupid people and just silly fun stuff and a whole lot of learning and sharing on ALL the BB's over the years.

There would be some that think you or I shouldnt be posting the crap we do. PT State is a good BB, just like the rest of them. relax enjoy

topcoat

Contributing Member
Thad - I have a feeling that you are not alone among the 'elders' in thinking that way.

At what point does one become an "elder"?

That mindset could be perceived as divisive. I understand the old adage "if youth knew, if age could..." and have come to believe that there is potential value across the spectrum of experience. There are times I wish I had the drive I had even 10 years ago, although I definitely wouldnt use it the same way now. Its a journey, not a destination.

Ken Fenner

Dan, after you spend some time on the boards you extract about as much information as you are going to get from them. I try to spend time on the BBS's sharing what has been taught to me. The enviroment as whole seems to have taken a turn for the worse for me. The mood is one of "don't confuse me with the facts, I'm going to do things my way". That's fine. That's why we all sign our own paychecks.

More and more people are out there that just want to talk about bleach, how much they pay for it, how many jobs they can perform per week, etc. That doesn't appeal to me. While the technical/cleaning side of the business has a certain appeal, its been said that it is not rocket science and it really isn't. I prefer discussing the business aspect while learning and sharing from other business owners how they increase their leads and profits.

You're just hitting a wall, dan. It happens after you are around for awhile. After five years of frequenting the boards I have grown as a person, a businessman and accumulated a great bunch of friends. I've pulled form all the boards but this one. The distraction is too great. Do what's best for you, Dan. I've always enjoyed the BBS's as a diversion. PT State has lost its appeal for me because of a few bad seeds. I'll give those guys time to burn out/go out of business/lose interest and come back when the smoke clears. I hope in this questionable economy that no one holds anything against Bob personally for the board's decline. Emotions are funny that way though.

Thad Eckhoff

Thad - I have a feeling that you are not alone among the 'elders' in thinking that way. I was going to respond again - but I didn't bother either, he seemed hell bent on thinking what he was doing was right - so I left it at that.

If the 'he' you're referring to is YOU then you're dead on.
Why not just give it a rest, Dan?

Oh, and I'm not LDS.
:headshakesmile-fast

John Doherty

I prefer discussing the business aspect while learning and sharing from other business owners how they increase their leads and profits.

PT State has lost its appeal for me because of a few bad seeds. I'll give those guys time to burn out/go out of business/lose interest and come back when the smoke clears. I hope in this questionable economy that no one holds anything against Bob personally for the board's decline.

:yes::yes::yes:

Chad Johnson

:yes::yes::yes:

Yea that dam Bob had to ruin it for everybody. Alot of the vets are gone now....
Just Kidding Ken....and everyone else. :biggrin::biggrin:

Anybody think Im a bad seed? I try not to be. :saai:

Im more into the marketing and sales end of it along with equipment of course. Everything else is irrelavant to me. Though I chime in on some of it.

Gary Schell

I think what you are noticing is that typical recurring cycle of 'newcomers'. Ken and I have discussed that before.

I started distancing myself from some forums last year at this time, only chiming in when I felt it necessary. PLUS I got tired of calls from guys who were told by some fruity fellow to call me since I'd "be the competition"...

I've been debating on sticking to one forum as of late mainly due to being fortunate enough to have very little free time.

A lot of old friends on here...a lot of up to times information here considering the ultimate goal in mind.

Ken Fenner

Chad, I've always enjoyed your posts. You conduct yourself like a professional.

PT State is still a great place. And there is definitely room for equipment, chemical and technique discussion here as well. I like those discussions too. I only mentioned what appeals to me most. The real issue with the internet in general is many will not exhibit the same self control that they would in real life.

At the end of the day, we are all just a bunch of contractors looking for a better way to do things. Never feel bad about about discussing what is most interesting to you, Chad.

Carlos Gonzales

I have been "off line" all day and I am surprised that this thread is even here.

Dan...if you want to talk about PT State...then take it over there.

Dragging it over here serves NO PURPOSE....Sorry guys but the thread is getting locked down.

I am not about to even consider going down this road in talking about other BBS....it ain't happening here guys..

Dan or anyone else...you want to discuss other BBS then pick up the phone and talk amongst yourselves.

Bob is and has busted his tail to get PT State to where it is at today. It's his board and he will do what he feels is best. You don't like what is going on with a particular BBS...then don't participate and certainly don't drag it over here.

I appreciate it everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.