• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Water getting in under windows?

Carlos Gonzales

One of the things that I tell customers the night before we come to wash their house is to make sure that:

1. All windows are shut:

2. I suggest they place a rolled up tole or big rag and place it at the window seal in case water seeps through from the outside.

I put it in my contracts also that I am not held liable if water does seep through and happens to get a picture or something wet.

Does anyone else use the rolled up towel suggeston? What do you ask your customers to do to prevent the water from seeping in?

CWheeler

I have never had a problem with windows leaking yet but probably should take more precautions to prevent it. I usually don't spray windows to much because most of my house washes are an up sell from window cleaning.

Ken Fenner

My contract also includes mentioning that the seals on double paned windows are not always wonderful and that windows can "fog" for several days between the layers.

Florin Nutu

I tell them the same thing. Especially stress it even more if they are old windows. Doors as well. For commercial doors I usually tape.

Carlos Gonzales

If there is a screen over the window I normally hit it with a light "mist" to rinse off the dirt that normally settles between the window and screen. :yes:

Tim Fields

I suggest to them that if they raise the screen an inch or two (or remove it if it's not the slide type) that the sill will be rinsed much cleaner without the screen frame to catch the dirt.