• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Ask any question relating to Flatwork

Ken Fenner

Very cool, Ron.

I'll start things off. For a company looking to get into flatwork cleaning, what would be a minimum equipment purchase you would recommend? In addition to the minimum, what would be a "dream rig" setup?

Tonyg

pool skirt - I know the crete might have a bit more cream and can be more sensitive, but is there a way to service them without fading the the finish. The last I did I used my house wash and figured the two jets on the "Big Guy" would have been safe but it still greyed it out. What would be the ideal pressure/tips for a surface cleaner for a sensitive surface like this?.

Ron Musgraves

Past President
Staff member
pool skirt - I know the crete might have a bit more cream and can be more sensitive, but is there a way to service them without fading the the finish. The last I did I used my house wash and figured the two jets on the "Big Guy" would have been safe but it still greyed it out. What would be the ideal pressure/tips for a surface cleaner for a sensitive surface like this?.

Click above for the answer!!! Merry New Year!!!

precisionpower

Ronnie, good stuff! How about clarifying why you recommend 6 gpm. I use 5 gpm myself, as do many others. I know the CU will be greater, but can you elaborate?

Thanks

-Kevin

Jeff LeCours

One more: In the past few days, commercial sales calls have come up frequently on several of the boards. Care to do a mock cold call?

I'm really not good at sales calls. I saw Ron in Myrtle Beach before the RT. We were sitting at a table in the lobby. another PWer from MB saw I lady walk by and she was a sales or something person for the Hard Rock Park. When she came by again the other PWer said hello. He knew her from school or something. Then Ron jumped in introduced himself, asked her postion and with one or two minutes Ron had a couple names of the maint Chief and anothers name to do with who would be in charge of cleaning. Its hard to explain how he did it, but it wasnt "Just give me a name" there was some quick small talk and boom he had the names. It was actually pretty cool to watch and looked like no effort for Ron. smoothhhhhh

Ron can do some cold calls, I have heard from others he has gone into places and had the names of District, Reg and other type managers in no time

Some it comes natural some is learned and some are just better than others. I think Ron has it down pat when it comes to getting names for work

Ron Musgraves

Past President
Staff member
I'm really not good at sales calls. I saw Ron in Myrtle Beach before the RT. We were sitting at a table in the lobby. another PWer from MB saw I lady walk by and she was a sales or something person for the Hard Rock Park. When she came by again the other PWer said hello. He knew her from school or something. Then Ron jumped in introduced himself, asked her postion and with one or two minutes Ron had a couple names of the maint Chief and anothers name to do with who would be in charge of cleaning. Its hard to explain how he did it, but it wasnt "Just give me a name" there was some quick small talk and boom he had the names. It was actually pretty cool to watch and looked like no effort for Ron. smoothhhhhh

Ron can do some cold calls, I have heard from others he has gone into places and had the names of District, Reg and other type managers in no time

Some it comes natural some is learned and some are just better than others. I think Ron has it down pat when it comes to getting names for work

Click on that LiNK!!!

http://www.tokbox.com/vm/3r2ghhuxaolu

Tony Shelton

Environmental Consultant / Past Director

I witnessed it first hand.

It was spooky.

A manager of a restaurant tried to give him the bums rush, but Ron did some kind of Voo Doo hypnotism on him and by 8 o'clock that night Ron handed me the phone to listen to the guy leaving a message to go ahead and start service.

It is phenomenal to watch.