• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

My Beast

Rob Huffman

I hope I attached the pictures correctly...

Anyhow this is the pump that I purchased from Mark at Easy Clean. Then converted it to push less GPM but more PSI. Its the best rinse for any Flatwork guy. Just to have to have lots of water. Also note that the pvc can come off and use a discharge / fire hose if needed.

Attachments

• DSC00852.jpg
    DSC00852.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 131
  • DSC00853.jpg
    DSC00853.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 117
  • DSC00854.jpg
    DSC00854.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 115

Carlos Gonzales

Rob...nice.

Couple ?'s

Is that 2" PVC? Looks to be sch. 40 which is cool.

When you unsecure the pvc pipe and swing it out for operation, how do you keep it the pipe from creeping to the left and the right?

Rob Huffman

Carlos,
yes its 2" pvc. Just used a saw to make the end cap like a PW nozzle. depending on the job, I have had someone sit there to hold in place and we have used the ratchet tie down (black one in the pic) to hold it in place. The pvc is screwed on so if you tighten it then it really wont go anywhere with the tie down as back up.

John,
The pump with a hose I think was suppose to be around 100gpm. With the nozzle set up its pushing almost the same as a fire hydrant. I want to say the way its setup in the pics its about 60gpm. I have (2) 550 gallon tanks tied together and it would take us 20 minutes to fill and we could work for 30-35 minutes.
I like using the 2" fire hose better as you can control the area you want to hit better but this worked great when we were doing the garages this year. Save me a man hour of about 23 hours on the smallest garage alone.
As far as the PSI I dont know exactly but its probably less than 200. Also what we made in regards to the garages was a
2" pvc tube with 8 soap nozzles and ran it under the trailer (tied where the front V is) and ran a hose back to the pump. So on the construction sites we can keep the dirt down as well with the necessary need of a big water truck.

Rob Huffman

Thanks Carlos.

It some creative thinking once I got it. And some experimenting with what we could do with it but I think thats the great part about it. I cant say it works best for every job but its definately a help with some. The first job we did with it it paid for itself twice in the man hours alone.

Henry Bockman

Hey Rob, it looks pretty cool. I remember talking to your guy about this when you all were working on putting it together. How did you solve the turn radius problem for getting close to the side walls?

Next time your down this way give me a call, I might have a couple of ideas that would make it work better. I spent some time thinking about it after I saw your guy last and came up with an idea or two that might make it work even better.

Rob Huffman

Henry,
The spray bar that we bought the tips for worked good but took longer. So thats how we came up with the 2" pvc. The position it sits on the trailer I can angle it a full 90 degrees plus I can detach it and use a fire hose if needed. It really worked out great for the jobs we had. Cant wait to do them all again next year.

Carlos Gonzales

Mark - you may want to patent that rig you sold to Rob and sale it to CDF. 500 gal poly could probably knock down a left flank on a good wildland fire out here in cali....:D