• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Setting the standard ?

Russ Spence

First I am not trying to spam with this. I just wanted to post this and say that as of yesterday "hell froze over" I had once said the we at Prokleen would start getting into compliance with the EPA (WHEN HELL FROZE OVER) Haha ! Yesterday we bought a complete closed loop system from Pete and Tracy at Sunbrite Supply in Georgia.

It is not hear yet but it is paid for and I should be picking it up before the roundtable, hopefully in a couple of weeks. I will post pics when it is up and running.

Ken Fenner

Russ, congrats on your purchase. Guys like yourself have to set the standard. Whether any of us like it or not, CWA compliance and enforcement is coming hot and heavy.

Looking forward to seeing those pics!

Carlos Gonzales

Russ - Congratulations on the purchase Russ. It is great to see contractors stepping up such as yourself and taking the necessary steps regarding the CWA.

Way to good dude...can't wait to see the pics!

Russ Spence

Honestly guys I didnt want a pat on the back nor was I looking for one, I just wanted to share the fact that the CWA is a thing of the present not the future, I have been educating myself over the last week and reading all I can on the subject, to simplify it for some it goes like this, the water on the property belongs to the property owner, as long as it stays on that property it is fine and you are ok, if for any reason it runs off property and into a storm drain or just down the road or on to another persons property you are in violation of the clean water act and are subject to fines up to 10,000 per offense.

So if you wash a driveway and the water runs down the road you are subject to being fined, if you wash a gas station or a strip mall the rules are the same .... NO OFF SITE DISCHARGE! PERIOD!

We got into compliance to insure the laws are met by us, most here will still allow this contamination but we are going to attempt to be the first to educate our customer on the value of this service for not only them but the environment we live in.

Ken Fenner

I do think you deserve a pat, Russ. Many guys look up to you and keeping your head in the sand would not protect you from a $10,000+ fine. Announcing this will make many people stand up and take notice. You are right, man, its here. Maybe not in the next six months but I can tell you that the UAMCC has been asked questions by municipalities seeking help in establishing BMP's. This is where we as contractors all have to stick together so that we don't all end up needing $10,000 reclaim systems to wash a house.

I worry a bit about the residential end. For right now we stay in complaince with a simple berming and diversion system at the end of the driveway. I look to the future administration of the UAMCC to be the contractor voice that I cannot achieve on my own.

Its not just about equipment.. If I had to buy big pieces of equipment, I would do that. Its about enforcement. Don't make me buy a very expensive system then still allow mom and pop operations to bid garages or stores with a wand and no reclaim. Pricing can remain fair if everybody has to play by the same rules.

Russ Spence

I do think you deserve a pat, Russ. Many guys look up to you and keeping your head in the sand would not protect you from a $10,000+ fine. Announcing this will make many people stand up and take notice. You are right, man, its here. Maybe not in the next six months but I can tell you that the UAMCC has been asked questions by municipalities seeking help in establishing BMP's. This is where we as contractors all have to stick together so that we don't all end up needing $10,000 reclaim systems to wash a house.

I worry a bit about the residential end. For right now we stay in complaince with a simple berming and diversion system at the end of the driveway. I look to the future administration of the UAMCC to be the contractor voice that I cannot achieve on my own.

Its not just about equipment.. If I had to buy big pieces of equipment, I would do that. Its about enforcement. Don't make me buy a very expensive system then still allow mom and pop operations to bid garages or stores with a wand and no reclaim. Pricing can remain fair if everybody has to play by the same rules.
very well said

Terry Miller

Russ,
It is great you are taking the bull by the horns. Waiting for citations or worse could be taxing on your business. Your community should look up to you for your efforts. Utilize the system to grow your business. We appreciate you doing what needs to be done. Thank you.

DJ Carroll

I honestly think Russ will knock them dead and the best part . . . MORE MONEY!!!!!

Think about it, your taking more steps so wouldn't that mean you get to charge more, not to mention supply and demand. . . if your the only one that does this and you can get one of your shopping centers sold on "scare tactics" you should be making bank . . .well bigger bank ;)

Way to go man!!!! I can't wait for pics AND VIDEOS!!!!!

Out here in California, we have been required to filter a Parking Structure since 1994 ish. Might of been 1992.

I have seen companies come and go because of the fines that they got from the cleaning of the Parking Structure not being in compliance.

I can't remember how many conferences I have had with the EPA over the 20 years that we have been here in California.

The Government has requested that we testify against fellow pressure washers who DID NOT comply with the clean water act.

I REFUSED !!! To date, I will not testify against any pressure washing company who makes an effort to comply.

I am glad that more and more companies are complying with the law. It really isn't that much more to do it right !

Last edited:

Russ Spence

Russ, Good to hear about your system. I am sure it is a great system !
to be honest Jim its rather simple, I have a electric vacume with 210 cfm and approximatly 200 foot of lift, 150 feet of 2 in suction hose and a reel, live reel kit a 30 gallon solid waste capture tank that filters solids down to 200 microns, then it pumps out to a oil water seperator then to the polishing filters down to a final filter at 10 microns, I am more than likely going to call Pete Monday and add a 5 micron filter as well. Then I can opt out to either reuse, send down a sanitary sewer or divert it to another area (grass).

Tony Szabo

Thanks Russ for sharing your input.
We to are on the fence line about purchasing a reclaim system. Nothing is enforced or brought to my attention from any of my customers yet.

But just think if I did educated some of my customers where the CWA is at this date and how important and why it needs to be considered when washing. This will be an excellent marketing tool to put us above our competition and being Green the same time.

Times and business is changing staying compliant and educated must be considered if you want to stay successful, I think!

Doug Dahlke

Donating Member
to be honest Jim its rather simple, I have a electric vacume with 210 cfm and approximatly 200 foot of lift, 150 feet of 2 in suction hose and a reel, live reel kit a 30 gallon solid waste capture tank that filters solids down to 200 microns, then it pumps out to a oil water seperator then to the polishing filters down to a final filter at 10 microns, I am more than likely going to call Pete Monday and add a 5 micron filter as well. Then I can opt out to either reuse, send down a sanitary sewer or divert it to another area (grass).

Russ sounds like you have a system very similar to mine. Get lots of filters. The lower micron ones will clog quickly even on maintained properties that are blown off first. Here is a picture of what Square One has.

Attachments

• reclaim.jpg
    reclaim.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 54

Doug Dahlke

Donating Member
Are you guys going to run gensets or use customer electric? Better yet, are the gens on hot skids enough to power vacuum?

The generator on the PW is not enough to power the vacuum. My generator has 6500 running watts with an 8000 watt peak and you need all of that to power the vac along with a 30 amp circuit.