• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Why USe a Surface cleaner?

Jim Cooney

Because wands should never be used to clean large areas of flatwork, especially no one with the mentality of a pet rock should be allowed to operate a wand, period.

Wanddamage.jpg

Jim Cooney

I did not take that picture, a colleague shared it with me.

Whoever did that is hopefully in prison and/or out of business.

I like the guy in the background, appearing to be running for his life.

Ron Musgraves

Past President
Staff member
Jim before I started taking photos of propertys that was standard practice in the Phx Market. Your lucky most PM's are educated and know better than to hire someone that Bad. Its still happens but much less, damage is everywhere.

I'm embarrased to wash some propertys because they have lots of previous damage from guys who didnt know what they are doing. The sad thing is this stuff doesnt create more business it makes people stop pressure washing.

Paul Kassander

UAMCC Associate Member
I washed a dumpster pad that looked just like that recently. Too bad they used a 0 degree and were real aggressive on it. The concrete is really damaged now.

Chris Apple

My first attempt at a surface cleaning video. I never realized that my camera would take video :shakeshishead:

Off topic a hair.. Im thinking about putting this video in an email to a handful of pms. Should I wait on that and make a better one?

Chris Apple

Someday I hope to surface clean floors during a concert.

Dont know how morally correct itll be though....

I guess that depends on the band.:cool:

Joseph Rogers

So I was watching the vid of the surface cleaner in action, and I got curious. You looked like you were on a slight slope when cleaning, most of the water would run to one side, but a little would go to the other side, and it looked pretty dirty. Do you have to go back afterwards and rinse it with clear water to make sure the soiling gets flushed off the concrete completely?

Russ Spence

So I was watching the vid of the surface cleaner in action, and I got curious. You looked like you were on a slight slope when cleaning, most of the water would run to one side, but a little would go to the other side, and it looked pretty dirty. Do you have to go back afterwards and rinse it with clear water to make sure the soiling gets flushed off the concrete completely?

....yes....

Your picture of the concrete cleaning with the wand reminds me of a movie theatre I bid. About a month went by and they called asked if I could still do it I booked a time and arrived around 11 that night to work. To my great surprise the middle sections of the main entrance looked like that. A employe there told them he could do it with his uncles washer. I took a more time to make it look better but I stuck to my bid. They thought it looked great. The best part is that after we got it cleaned and looking good they had the employe do the regular maintenance, while on the clock sometimes you can win.

Javier Nevarez

its horrible when businesses can't appreciate proffesional work enough to become repeat customers!...its alright Pete they'll come back crawling when they get in a bind again, this time hit them with a long term contract!!...:cool: