• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

UAMCC By-Laws

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doug Tripp

Thanks Chris, Thanks Nichole.

Nichole, in reading them there are some sections in red, are these proposed changes?

Charlie, I think having them posted here would be a benifit to members so that when discussing them, they would not need to jump back and forth between bbs. Also, if you read the By-Laws posted on TGS, you will note they are not complete.

I'll be back to ask more questions latter.

Last edited:
I read the by laws and have a question..... it states that "Classifications of membership in the Corporation shall be determinedby the Board of Directors." This relates to contractor & supplier memberships.

Does this mean that the BOD votes
on how to classify the persons wishing to join the UAMCC?? What level of input does any, each or all BOD members have individually and collectively have with respect to makig this decision??

Doug Tripp

So I have read the By-Laws as posted above and I have a couple of question, if allowed to ask them here.

1) Article IV, section 6...requires two face- to- face meetings of the BOD annually..When and where did theses meetings take place in 2012 and where are the minutes of the meeting(s) posted?. I could not find them on this BBS.

2) Article VII, section 2... requires all BOD officer candidates to have served on the BOD one year prior to their election. Did Ron (President), Doug ( Vice-President and Guy ( Secretary) fullfill this requirment ?

Ron Musgraves

Past President
Staff member
So I have read the By-Laws as posted above and I have a couple of question, if allowed to ask them here.

1) Article IV, section 6...requires two face- to- face meetings of the BOD annually..When and where did theses meetings take place in 2012 and where are the minutes of the meeting(s) posted?. I could not find them on this BBS.

2) Article VII, section 2... requires all BOD officer candidates to have served on the BOD one year prior to their election. Did Ron (President), Doug ( Vice-President and Guy ( Secretary) fullfill this requirment ?

We met in Alabama in 2012 Doug

Doug would you like to help us get this all straight?

Let me know we have and oversight committee if you would like to help?

Text me anytime for question 480-522-5227

Doug Rucker

UAMCC Board of Directors

Doug, yes absolutely, you are allowed to ask here.

1- the one and only face to face meeting that we were able to hold was held in Huntsville Al at the Huntsville Workshop. A Big thanks by the way to Jeremy Keifer, host of the Huntsville Workshop for allowing us to use there meeting room so that we could hold this. Ron, Myself, Guy, Chris Apple. Charlie Soden, and Nichole were in attendance. Minutes were taken and I will make sure they get posted. Thank you for alerting us to the fact that the minutes were not posted. We try to keep them posted and updated as best we can. We were unable to hold another face to face meeting during the year 2012. We are hoping we can fulfill the 2 meeting requirement in 2013, but trying to get 5 out of 9 contractors together twice in the same city in the same year is tough. This by law requirement is one of the ones that will definitely need to be changed, IMO. Not even sure why it's in there.

2-I know I did not serve a BOD seat prior to getting elected, I am not certain about Ron or Guy. I do know there were no other nominations, and that we all three ran opposed and were voted in unanimously.

Hope this helps.

Guy Blackmon

Michael, Ron's been hounded from one end to the other so I guess he's a little sensitive, I would be too especially not being able to defend himself on another board.

What questions do you have? I will do my best to answer them.

Charlie Soden

Contributing Member
I read the by laws and have a question..... it states that "Classifications of membership in the Corporation shall be determinedby the Board of Directors." This relates to contractor & supplier memberships.

Does this mean that the BOD votes
on how to classify the persons wishing to join the UAMCC?? What level of input does any, each or all BOD members have individually and collectively have with respect to makig this decision??

The way it is written means that the BOD comes up with the categories of members but the member determines what their membership category is. So the BOD has set up our Free membership, donating membership and supplier memberships. We could also come up with other classification if that was agreed upon. The actual member them self chooses their membership level. If they are primarily a supplier they would be a supplier member and if they are primarily a contractor they would be a contractor member.

Doug Rucker

UAMCC Board of Directors
Mike, to answer your question, when ever the person joins they are allowed to choose if they want to be a Supplier Member or a Contractor Member. To date, there has not been a case of the BOD having to determine what classification a member should go into.

Michael, Ron's been hounded from one end to the other so I guess he's a little sensitive, I would be too especially not being able to defend himself on another board.

What questions do you have? I will do my best to answer them.

I was going to say that we could start with the questions posed in red, but I guess that won't work ...... so......

I guess the first question that I have is where did my post go with the reply from Ron where I was threatened with an attorney for asking questions????

I will note that I have the screen shot if you want me to post them......

Tony Evans

Board of Director
I'm sure Michael you realize this isn't a free for all forum and some types of responses should be removed to keep a polite and dignified discussion in place in my opinion. One reason I enjoy this forum is that the chest thumping bravado of other forums isn't allowed here and I'm grateful for the calm area to be able to discuss business like an adult.

Bill Booz

UAMCC Board of Directors
No one threatened anyone with a lawyer. If you have legal questions you should ask a lawyer, because we are not lawyers.

Status
Not open for further replies.