• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Barn doors or Ramp door for an enclosed trailer?

Jonathan Trammell

Contributing Member
I recently ordered a 6x14ft enclosed trailer for my pressure washing unit and tank. Without giving it much thought I ordered it with a ramp door. Now I'm reconsidering that decision, thinking that barn doors may be the better choice. What do you all think?

Doug Rucker

UAMCC Board of Directors
I would think barn doors would be easier, UNLESS, you have something you need to roll out of the trailer, or if you have to go in and out a lot. Could be ne of those 6 of one 1/2 dozen of another

Zach Turner

I am considering an enclosed trailer too. I like the idea of the doors because the ramp adds 6 or 7 feet to your foot print which is already 40-50 feet long. some track home neighborhoods are hard to park without blocking a neighbors driveway. The doors open 180 degrees and latch to the side so they are always out of the way.

Bill Carew

I have ramp but it creates a lot if problems parking in the summer at the shore. If you don't need to pull your machines out I would go with barn doors.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Michael Heward

When I ordered my Carmate back in 2002, I went with barn doors and never looked back! I can leave one side or the other closed when it's a rainy day and help keep the rain out of the trailer. Some of the customers homes have short driveways, no room for a ramp door. Also provides a little privacy when needed.

Cons, getting a little older starts working the knees with going in and out.

Mike