• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Hot box question

Randy Wahl

Contributing Member
I see that most hot boxes are all schedule 80 coils. Is there any reason why a new burst disk and flow switch should not be installed to increase the water volume of the box.I understand that heat or temp rise could or will be lost, but since 160 to 180 degree water has been working for me at 4 gall. Would be nice to do as a 8-10 hot box is out of my price range at this time.

Guy Blackmon

I see that most hot boxes are all schedule 80 coils. Is there any reason why a new burst disk and flow switch should not be installed to increase the water volume of the box.I understand that heat or temp rise could or will be lost, but since 160 to 180 degree water has been working for me at 4 gall. Would be nice to do as a 8-10 hot box is out of my price range at this time.

Randy, burst disks & flow switches have nothing to do with increasing or decreasing flow to the hot box.....your pump GPM does.

I apologize if I misunderstood your question.

Randy Wahl

Contributing Member
Randy, burst disks & flow switches have nothing to do with increasing or decreasing flow to the hot box.....your pump GPM does.

I apologize if I misunderstood your question.

Not a problem. I would like to increase the volume or gpm from 4 gpm to 5.5 gpm. The hot box I have is for 4 gpm 4000 psi. Just trying to stay safe as well as increase productivity. All the research I have done is there is 1 common burst disk or rupture disk, 2 types of flow switches although I have not found a difference in gpm for the switches. coils are all schedual 80, with different inlet and output locations along with the height or lenghth of the coils. So with this research going to 5.5 gpm with 3000 psi should work or at least in theory. Just trying to stay safe with out having to get new parts or have down time for repairs. Thanks for the help. Also I need another shooter tip from you, love it, lost 1 of the 2 I had and need to replace it. If you still have my info ship it to me. Thanks and happy holidays.

Randy Wahl

Contributing Member
looks like I should have asked on Facebook, prob would have 10 answers in under a day. Sad to see no one on this site much any more.