• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Bid Methods for Apartment Cleaning- Roof & Wash

Eric Holmes

Contributing Member
Thanks guys,

I'd like to get a few ideas from different contractors on how to bid unsolicited proposals as well as solicited. I want to grow to offer this service in 2017 but don't really know how to price. Does anyone have a formula they'd like to share?

Pat Clarke helped me earlier today but I cant quite fully grasp the concept. No way could I see cleaning a 12,000 sqft building at 3 stories for $850

Brett Thompson

First I would not do unsolicited bids to apartments and condos. It has taken me as long as a year to develop and build a relationship with the property manager or HOA president. as to price, I agree with not doing that size building for that price. We charge LF per story.

Doug Rucker

UAMCC Board of Directors
Find out who the decision maker(s) are and visit them.....pricing is regional and hard to advise on that. Every area can be different.

Thanks guys,

I'd like to get a few ideas from different contractors on how to bid unsolicited proposals as well as solicited. I want to grow to offer this service in 2017 but don't really know how to price. Does anyone have a formula they'd like to share?

Pat Clarke helped me earlier today but I cant quite fully grasp the concept. No way could I see cleaning a 12,000 sqft building at 3 stories for $850
I don't know, if the building is 120 sq, and they're no real peaks and valley's, and if the building isn't surrounded with trees and shrubbery, and if the algae isnt all overly thick, and supposing there's 5-10 buildings in the complex. ... sounds like a very profitable couple days work

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

Michael Kreisle

Contributing Member
Based on Volume, we price per unit.
1-50 units $ xx/unit
51-100 units $ yy/unit
101-200 units $ zz/unit
etc.
I think the last one we did had 510 units and we charged $35/unit
You'll find out competitiveness is in the $28-$64/unit range.
It helps be able to ballpark a price when cold calling and doing unsolicited bids.

Guy Blackmon

Eric, to be competitive in this market you'll need at least 3-4 employees and of course multiple machines. Most of the apartments we wash sound similar....3 story, 24 units per building, 2 breezeways per......believe me when I say $850 is on the high end, at least in our area.

I agree with Brett....... Relationship Development is key.

Eric Holmes

Contributing Member
Hey Guy, do you include breezeways as apart of your building wash? How would you price if the PM only wanted breezeways done?