• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Surface cleaner leaking from top (swivel?)... can it be repaired?

Jason Watkins

Hello,

I was given a Mosmatic surface cleaner, and when i used it, i noticed that a large amount of water was spraying out of the weep holes on the top of the cleaner. I read that a small amount of water should weep out of those holes, but on mine it is spraying a huge amount.

Can i repair or replace that part? I've included a picture where i have the holes marked. I believe it is a 21" SC.

Thanks for any advice.

Attachments

• sddd.jpg
    sddd.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 36

Rodger Boggs

Hello,

I was given a Mosmatic surface cleaner, and when i used it, i noticed that a large amount of water was spraying out of the weep holes on the top of the cleaner. I read that a small amount of water should weep out of those holes, but on mine it is spraying a huge amount.

Can i repair or replace that part? I've included a picture where i have the holes marked. I believe it is a 21" SC.

Thanks for any advice.

Yep, you can rebuild almost everything on a surface cleaner.
Southside Equipment
Pressure Tech
Power Wash Store
are all good places. chances are you're getting a new swivel so it won't be a cheap part but it will make for cheap surface cleaner if you got it for free.

Rodger

Jason Watkins

Yep, you can rebuild almost everything on a surface cleaner.

Thanks for the info Rodger. New swivel is $200. Wasn't expecting to be that much, but that's how it goes i guess. Somewhat wondering if i should put that $200 into a new surface cleaner instead. This one is a 21" housing with a 19" bar, and my machine is 4gpm. I've read that you should really keep it at 4" per gpm, so this probably isn't the most efficient pairing. I've read good reviews about the Whisper Wash Classic (19" housing, 17" bar) and i think it's around $650.

We are just getting started, though, so i guess i might just get the new swivel for now and use the $450 for something else.

Last edited:

Rodger Boggs

When you get the swivel get new spray tips for the bar so it's sized for your machine. You'll be a little slow with it but it will work.
If you're starting on a budget you'll be replacing everything within a year so just get going and make some money. Just understand you're lighting money on fire when using used equipment.

Jason Watkins

You can replace the seals on mosmatic swivels

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Oh really? So i can dismantle the swivel and replace the internal seals? If so, that would be a huge help. Would there happen to be any instructions online that discuss this procedure, or should it be pretty straightforward? Thanks for any help.

Ben Skipworth

My man!

I owe you a case of your favorite beverage, if ever our paths cross. :D

Scratch that... PM me your paypal, and i will gladly kick you a few bucks for those tips. Would be happy to do so.
Lol glad i could help! Just pass the info on to the next guy that asks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Rodger Boggs

My man!

I owe you a case of your favorite beverage, if ever our paths cross. :D

Scratch that... PM me your paypal, and i will gladly kick you a few bucks for those tips. Would be happy to do so.

This is what the UAMCC is about. I couldn't have started a business without the guys here and at PWI.