• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Bidding an odd project

Isaac Baghdanov

I had a company call me wondering if I want to bid an interesting project. They are building a wind mill farm about two hundred miles from me. The structures are laid out on the ground, and need to be cleaned. Sure no prob, piece work. Then they will start erecting them. As the are being built the areas exposed need to be cleaned. Construction will take 13 weeks. Thinking aloud Maybe Icould clean them after construction? Not sure on how to bid this one. I will know more details in a couple of days.

Cliff notes: Bid by piece or hour on large job.

Isaac Baghdanov

Alrighty then. So clean them them before erected, then the surfaces that are on the ground, will need to be cleaned before they are put into place- correct?
So during construction we will be on stand-by until the next piece is ready. I'm thinking I should bid by the hour during the construction phase, and by piece on the pre-construction phase. If any of you have any hints or tips, please let me know. 13 weeks is a long time to spend on one job.

Carlos Gonzales

If it is a solid 13 weeks of work and it is 200 miles away...factor in some hotel stays.

Let me know if you get more info...if so...then give me a call.

HoodsPlus

Alrighty then. So clean them them before erected, then the surfaces that are on the ground, will need to be cleaned before they are put into place- correct?
So during construction we will be on stand-by until the next piece is ready. I'm thinking I should bid by the hour during the construction phase, and by piece on the pre-construction phase. If any of you have any hints or tips, please let me know. 13 weeks is a long time to spend on one job.

Isaac: I'm not a flat work guy, but just thinking out loud.........

Would you want to bid the job by the piece if you can not control things like access to those pieces? Are they in one holding area, or are they spread out on the sites for which they will be erec........ ooops..... installed?

Again, Im a greaser, not flatwork, but I have done a lot of work for government contractors and the like.......... they have a way of dragging things out........ I would lean toward hourly.

Good luck, it sounds like a great job.

Isaac Baghdanov

Thanks for all your input.
Carlos it's a private company, I'm assuming they are leasing the land.
Scott that is what I was leaning towards, I don't have the specifics yet, but I wont get into specifics on a bb.