• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

How does a buffer tanks work?!?

Kyle Keller

So I'm using a 4 GPM machine right now and just hook it up directly to the customers water supply. I really want to upgrade and get a 8 GPM machine. They only thing holding me back is the buffer tank. I understand you would feed the buffer tank with the customers water supply, and hook the buffer tank up to supply your machine.

What Im having trouble understanding is how the buffer tank doesnt run out of water? If a customers water supply is 5 GPM, you would still be pulling an extra 3 GPM from the tank every minute your working if you had a 8GPM machine. I've read about guys getting away with a 65 galloon buffer tank. To me the math doesnt add up. It would seem you need a 200 galloon plus buffer tank, and at that you would have to have the tank damn near full before you started working. I feel like I'm missing something here.

Can someone please help me understand this.

-Kyle Keller
New Jersey

Ben Skipworth

So I'm using a 4 GPM machine right now and just hook it up directly to the customers water supply. I really want to upgrade and get a 8 GPM machine. They only thing holding me back is the buffer tank. I understand you would feed the buffer tank with the customers water supply, and hook the buffer tank up to supply your machine.

What Im having trouble understanding is how the buffer tank doesnt run out of water? If a customers water supply is 5 GPM, you would still be pulling an extra 3 GPM from the tank every minute your working if you had a 8GPM machine. I've read about guys getting away with a 65 galloon buffer tank. To me the math doesnt add up. It would seem you need a 200 galloon plus buffer tank, and at that you would have to have the tank damn near full before you started working. I feel like I'm missing something here.

Can someone please help me understand this.

-Kyle Keller
New Jersey
It helps because you're not pulling the trigger on the gun all the time so the tank fills up while you're not using water.
You will still run out of water occasionally but if you keep 50-100 gallons in the tank for most resi jobs you'll be fine

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920AZ using Tapatalk

Jamie Schmidt

Yes running pump dry will cause premature failure. We run 8gpm and use 275 gallon buffer tank never have a issue usually start with around 150 gallons and always keeps up.

Bob Gomez

I’m having an issue with my pump not getting enough water from buffer tank. Seems like a vapor lock of some sorts. Plenty of water in the tank, hose is going flat between tank and pump, cavitation occurring. Any thoughts.

Ruben_21

I’m having an issue with my pump not getting enough water from buffer tank. Seems like a vapor lock of some sorts. Plenty of water in the tank, hose is going flat between tank and pump, cavitation occurring. Any thoughts.
What type of hose are you using between tank and pump? Did you bleed the air out of the pump?

Sent from my SM-N950U using UAMCC mobile app