• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Slow Gas Leak - Landa 5gpm belt drive cold water general pump

Coleman Ashworth

Fellow Washers,

Please help a brother out. My Landa (info in the subject) is slowly leaking gas. I fill up the gas tank in the morning.... wash with it (I do not see any gas leaking out when it's running). When I tuck it in at night and come back to it in the morning all the gas has leaked out.

I can not find the issue.

I am not mechanically inclined (i change my own oil and install my own jeep parts). If it's not something simple I will probably bring it in for repairs. Currently, the only maintenance I have performed on my washers are changing the oil and spark plugs. I change the oil often.

One day I am going to build my own washer, just a small unit to see how it all works. I am so busy right now I do not have the time( making excuses I know, you know how life can be).

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you!

HireUAMCC.com

Administrator
Staff member
Hey Coleman!

While the forum is a great tool to find useful information and ask questions, we find that more of our members get a quicker response by posting on our facebook page. I have sent you the link via text message. Let me know if you have any questions!

Wesley Jackson

if it's not leaking internally and and mixing with oil, then your fuel leak is external and evaporating before you can see it in the morning
if your carb's float bowl has a crack, this will cause excessive fuel draw, but usually by this time, the fuel is flooding into the crankcase and you will not be able to start the unit
if I were you, I would visually check your hose clamps and fuel hose first
there is another option that I've used to find leaks, but you would need an air compressor and regulator set at 5 PSIG MAXIMUM and is very dangerous

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using UAMCC mobile app

Coleman Ashworth

Hey Coleman!

While the forum is a great tool to find useful information and ask questions, we find that more of our members get a quicker response by posting on our facebook page. I have sent you the link via text message. Let me know if you have any questions!

I got the link! Thank you so much. I am in the Facebook group now.