• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Violation of confidentiality

Jamie Schmidt

I would like to formally ask who on the Board of Directors who broke confidentiality and told Ron Musgraves my conversation I was having with the Board. I did take this question to the Board but seem to be being ignored on this matter. On Friday Nov 30th at 1:50 pm eastern time I had some exchanges in the private Board messenger group regarding the way Jeff Price was treated. Then at approximately 2:15 eastern time I received a call from Ron Musgraves regarding my comments. This is a clear violation of the confidentiality agreement signed by the Board. Below is parts of that agreement, I tried to ask the Board about this but since no one wants to address it we need to do it here.

Board members are reminded that confidential financial, personnel and other matters concerning the organization, members and staff may be included in board materials or discussed from time to time. Board members should not disclose such confidential information to anyone. This includes discussing items to members or vendors in person, on Facebook, twitter, by mail or by all other correspondence. Care shall also be taken to ensure that unauthorized individuals do not overhear any discussion of confidential information and that documents containing confidential information are not left in the open or inadvertently shared.
Board Members of UAMCC may be exposed to information which is proprietary in nature. It is the policy of UAMCC that such information must be kept confidential both during and after your Board service. Board members are expected to return materials containing privileged or confidential information at the time of expired service.
Unauthorized disclosure of confidential, privileged and proprietary information to members, vendors or competitors is a serious violation of this policy and will be subject to the person(s) who made the unauthorized disclosure to appropriate discipline, including dismissal of position and possibly legal ramifications.

Tony Shelton

Environmental Consultant / Past Director
Jamie, I do not believe the BOD as a whole can agree to break confidentiality. If that was the case then they could never comment on any matters to the members.

This policy is clearly for the purpose of keeping a minority of BOD from leaking out sensitive information.

For example, if the BOD is working on a legal matter that is not concluded, that deals with a friend of one or two of the BOD, it would be prudent for them to be required to remain silent during the process. If the BOD is working on a proprietary new program, one or two BOD should be held accountable if they leak that information.

But if the BOD is working on something that an outside party can help with, the BOD as a group should be able to call on them to help. That does not legally break confidentiality.

With that said, If a member, such as yourself, has an issue that is unresolved, someone should step up and work to resolve it. This forum is an opportunity to do that with full transparency and as a record for future BOD in how such things should be handled. This is my opinion.

William Davis

I would agree IF this topic were in the Meeting Minutes (or Emergency Meeting with Quorum present) as a topic of discussion. This would also have to be time stamped to make it legally binding to the original post.

Thought must to go into documents like these, an internet template is fine, but it must be massaged to fit the intent ... this was not clearly thought out and done in haste

Jamie Schmidt

Tony the Board was not working as a whole this was one person that ran to Ron to come at me. I asked that board member to step up but again I'm being told I'm part of the peanut gallery and they won't step up to answer for their actions.

Kyle Heusner

One odd thing to me is the BOD have yet to make a public statement about all this. If this was my business being accused of something you better believe I would have a statement. Very disappointed with the lack of acknowledgement of the issues at hand.

Sent from my Pixel XL using UAMCC mobile app

Last edited:

Ron Musgraves

Past President
Staff member
I would like to formally ask who on the Board of Directors who broke confidentiality and told Ron Musgraves my conversation I was having with the Board. I did take this question to the Board but seem to be being ignored on this matter. On Friday Nov 30th at 1:50 pm eastern time I had some exchanges in the private Board messenger group regarding the way Jeff Price was treated. Then at approximately 2:15 eastern time I received a call from Ron Musgraves regarding my comments. This is a clear violation of the confidentiality agreement signed by the Board. Below is parts of that agreement, I tried to ask the Board about this but since no one wants to address it we need to do it here.

Board members are reminded that confidential financial, personnel and other matters concerning the organization, members and staff may be included in board materials or discussed from time to time. Board members should not disclose such confidential information to anyone. This includes discussing items to members or vendors in person, on Facebook, twitter, by mail or by all other correspondence. Care shall also be taken to ensure that unauthorized individuals do not overhear any discussion of confidential information and that documents containing confidential information are not left in the open or inadvertently shared.
Board Members of UAMCC may be exposed to information which is proprietary in nature. It is the policy of UAMCC that such information must be kept confidential both during and after your Board service. Board members are expected to return materials containing privileged or confidential information at the time of expired service.
Unauthorized disclosure of confidential, privileged and proprietary information to members, vendors or competitors is a serious violation of this policy and will be subject to the person(s) who made the unauthorized disclosure to appropriate discipline, including dismissal of position and possibly legal ramifications.

Jamie did you have amnesia?

Maybe you didn’t recall this talk with the president myself you and Jeff.

Plus my job description and under my own confidentiality prohibits me from talking about the details of these calls outside the board.

Are you accusing me of leaking these talks?

Its a very serious accusation on my character and if you have the proof I demand it or a retraction.

I will not disclose the details in this conversation to anyone. It was private between the directors and committee members along with the associate director. Just because you broke confidence doesn’t allow me to.

Sent from my iPhone using UAMCC mobile app IMG_7041.JPG

Jamie Schmidt

Ron I think you should read my post again. The date you have on the call is not the call in issue, my statement also says someone on the board violated confidentiality.