• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Official Request From the Membership Committee to the BoD

Ryan Smith

It is with regret that I post this as my first act as chairman of the membership committee.

The following letter, image below, has been drafted by the membership committee of the UAMCC on December 09, 2018.

Dear Membership of the UAMCC, contributing, free, associate, and directors,

After reviewing evidence, we, the Membership Committee of the UAMCC, have been made aware that the UAMCC’s status is “Suspended” by the state of California. As well, the organization is not operating in an exempt status pursuant to California law, and is currently operating illegally outside of its once assigned status. Supporting documents will be posted to the official forum as per UAMCC policy.

Whether a single person is at fault or several are, as the elected or appointed officials for the organization, the entire Board of Directors is responsible and ultimately liable.

We, the UAMCC Membership Committee on behalf of the UAMCC Contributing Membership, regretfully and formally ask the current Board of Directors (elected/and or appointed) to resign as a group effective immediately. Due to the significant amount of accumulating evidence against the Board (past and present), we, the Membership Committee, believe this course of action is in the best interest of the UAMCC Membership and must be completed immediately before further action can be taken against the organization.

To the BoD, please provide the Membership Committee your decision by 10am, 12/10/2018.

Your membership committee is committed to supporting you, the contractor members of this organization. We will make every effort for transparency during this transition period. We, as committee, will not be taking control of the organization, rather we will be giving that control back to you, the members.
We are grateful for your support.

Thank you,

Ryan Smith – Membership Committee Chair
Kyle Heusner, Alex Samochin, Tim Sullivan
attachment.php

Attachments

• 48418331_10155729110092595_3055106371897786368_n (1).jpg
    48418331_10155729110092595_3055106371897786368_n (1).jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 149

Tony Evans

Board of Director
You'll need to post the status per the State of California and not a 3rd party site. There are a few sites that are using false or incorrect information on not for profit status.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

Chris Kruppa

Since my name isn't on this letter because of a little confusion...as a Membership Committee member, I too agree with this letter!

Chris Kruppa

Tony,
Is this the source you're talking about? I've heard a reason about not paying something on time.....we're all obviously looking for answers at this point.

Attachments

• UAMCC Status Doc.jpg
    UAMCC Status Doc.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 45
  • CaliforniaEntity-Status-Letter-12-9-2018.pdf
    236.7 KB · Views: 38

Jamie Schmidt

Tony Evans the AD Ron Musgraves has said multiple times today this is true and said it’s Jamie Schmidt’s fault as Treasurer. Actually the position that Ron holds says he’s responsible for keeping the board legal. So it appears Ron is the one responsible for this.

Ron Musgraves

Past President
Staff member
Tony Evans the AD Ron Musgraves has said multiple times today this is true and said it’s Jamie Schmidt’s fault as Treasurer. Actually the position that Ron holds says he’s responsible for keeping the board legal. So it appears Ron is the one responsible for this.

Its all semantics, technically you had been my boss as treasure and the ultimate responsibilities fall on the directors.

No worries today we will get to the bottom of this issue, the franchise board opens at 7am just about 20 minutes from now.

I also had informed the board about this issue in Houston and mentioned it prior. I also believe it was paid and handled the state just reflects old info.

Its pretty simple we should have all been a bit more transparent, lessons learned for future boards. Elections right around the corner.

Even though I have nothing to do with this as a past president and leader I will take full responsibility. Seems no one else will!

Rick Atkins

Contributing Member
To the UAMCC Membership
First of all I truly believe in the UAMCC. I joined this organization several years ago after being very skeptical of Organizations from the past which I had been involved in. The root of this organization is in helping contractors develop their knowledge through industry events. This is the strongest point of this Organization; we put on very good educational events. This is the main reason that I became a member. The events are what I enjoy most and go to as many as I can afford to attend. I have never left an event without learning something. Shortly after becoming a member I started to help at the events as a way of giving back to the membership. Helping the vendors move into and out of the events and also with some teaching.
After a couple years as a member I was asked to run for the Board of Directors (BOD). After consideration I decided that I would like to be more active in the Organization, so I ran for a position on the BOD. I was not elected during that election process, though I continued my participation in the Organization at events and such. After the Charlotte NC convention several members of the BOD resigned. George Clarke, then President, asked me to join the BOD. I willingly accepted the appointment. I took this appointment very seriously and have learned many things since then. I had never been involved with a not for profit organization before on the leadership side of things. It took me a few months to learn the flow of how things worked and how to voice my concerns and opinions in the BOD meetings. In the next elections I ran for Secretary and was elected, and I currently hold this position. I am proud to serve the membership in this capacity.
During my term on the BOD in varying positions, there have been times of turmoil caused by one thing or another. Many of these times we see a great number of members being very outspoken and passionate about these subjects. As far as the BOD not making detailed comments on these matters, most of these details can not be made public, as it would be a breach of confidentiality leading to possible liable. The BOD as a group makes a decision, not just one person. This does not mean that every individual on the BOD personally agrees with the decision being made, however as a group we support the decision. Most times the decisions being made do not happen in very short time frame as we are all volunteers and have our own personal lives and businesses to conduct.
I do hope that in the upcoming elections that we get some passionate people to step up and become willing and committed to getting involved in the running of this organization. Once on the BOD just know that change will at times be very slow.
I have seen a request for the current BOD to resign; I am willing to do this if this is what the membership really wants to have happen. However I have not seen anyone step up with a plan to move forward with running the organization in the time following said resignations. If the membership truly wants this to happen I will stand with the membership to do what is best for the organization and help in any capacity of which I can.

Rick Atkins

Ron Musgraves

Past President
Staff member
Mrs President,

Per the below request from Membership Committee Chair we ask for your official answer...

She has been in contact with the membership chair!

Why i’m answering you because the meeting happened in my kitchen.

Let’s allow the Chairman to do his job.

Ron Just another contributing member tired of you and the destruction a few are trying to cause.

second After i see the CPA about the franchise fee there’s really no information other than Tax exempt is still in full order , fed and state !

if Mr smith wants a meeting with the CPA i can arrange. Why ??? because i’m the largest volunteer in the industry!

Sent from my iPhone using UAMCC mobile app

William Davis

Why are you answering?

She is the President and last I heard she supposedly ran things (but we really do know the truth now since you ARE answering don't we)... And because the meeting happened in "your" Kitchen doesn't give you any special privileges - especially per the Bylaws that you so readily choose to manipulate at your leisure. Chairman can not due his job since YOU reduced that committee to a cheerleading section, just like you have done to the BOD, Election Committee, Bylaw Committee and any other committee that gives Membership a voice.

And there you go with another lie, Tax exempt status will not change until California changes it. Submitting it late just shows the Leadership's incompetence on issues that truly matter and had I known it was not completed, while in Office, I would have demanded it be done... You, the CPA, EA and President who were and in charge of this kept it away from the BOD and put us ALL AT RISK now AND in the future (should the org ever get suited or audited) - worst part you don't CARE. How could you do this to us? You sir are playing games with people's lives. You throw every last one of us under the bus when the crap hits the fan claiming you are just a Member - your full of it RON MUSGRAVES!!!! And to insinuate that "I" knew anything about this tax status or set this up is utterly preposterous.

What's really scary Mr Musgrave's is that you have twisted the minds of GOOD people and made them your minions... there is no other way to describe it. It's as if you have a Satanic cult and have indoctrinated anyone that will listen to your folly. You know what though, because I am a devout Christian I forgive you - Vengeance is not mine. But know sir that one day you may be in the hospital again and that friend that you called on, the one who left his family at 11pm and drove almost an hour one way to bring you food, took you to get medicine, and made sure you got back to your room safely - a TRUE FRIEND - is NO MORE... May your soul rest in peace sir.

Tony Shelton

Environmental Consultant / Past Director
FTP Suspension means failure to pay tax.

UAMCC is tax exempt. It owes no tax.

If the Federal Government has made a mistake, and does not report the UAMCC as Federally exempt, California assumes they are NOT exempt.

It is easy to see from the BOD minutes, that the IRS made a mistake last year that took months to correct. During that time they would have shown as taxable to California. Here are the BOD minutes showing the months it took to get it corrected
http://forum.uamcc.org/showthread.php/10681-2018-UAMCC-Board-of-Directors-Meeting-Minutes

Now that the Federal error is corrected, California may take months to reverse their error, if this is the cause.

It is evident from the minutes that every effort to make sure the org is recorded properly was being made.

On the other hand, the UAMCC may not be suspended at all. Here is the list of exempt orgs and their status - It was last updated month and a half ago. Click on the corresponding alphabetical section for U and download the file:

https://www.ftb.ca.gov/businesses/Exempt-organizations/Entity-List.shtml

If you don't want to download the file, here is what it says for the UAMCC:

attachment.php

You guys should really be ashamed of yourselves for using this as an attack against the UAMCC. You've got a good case complaining about responses from the BOD. But this is nothing more than taking an opportunity to smear volunteers and low paid help before even giving them the time to get it sorted out.

Here is the last due federal income tax filing:

http://www.uamcc.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/Taxes-990-2017.pdf

As you can see, the only person on payroll was Alex, who got 30k for all the work and responsibility he had. Yet he still made sure the state filing was done as shown in the previous post.

This is shameful. If one of your competitors were listed as suspended, after 10 years of being in business, would you attack him like this? What if it was your father. Or your mother's business? I'm shocked at some of you.

If you want to criticize the BOD for failing to act or communicate, have at it. But, I'd be afraid to attack someone on an issue like this. God has a way of turning the tables. Next thing you know it might be you suffering for a simple mistake of your own, or someone else's mistake you had no control over.

Thus far there is no irreparable damage done.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-12-16 at 11.46.16 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-12-16 at 11.46.16 PM.png
    463.7 KB · Views: 104