Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Official Request From the Membership Committee to the BoD

Default Official Request From the Membership Committee to the BoD

It is with regret that I post this as my first act as chairman of the membership committee.

The following letter, image below, has been drafted by the membership committee of the UAMCC on December 09, 2018.

Dear Membership of the UAMCC, contributing, free, associate, and directors,

After reviewing evidence, we, the Membership Committee of the UAMCC, have been made aware that the UAMCC’s status is “Suspended” by the state of California. As well, the organization is not operating in an exempt status pursuant to California law, and is currently operating illegally outside of its once assigned status. Supporting documents will be posted to the official forum as per UAMCC policy.

Whether a single person is at fault or several are, as the elected or appointed officials for the organization, the entire Board of Directors is responsible and ultimately liable.

We, the UAMCC Membership Committee on behalf of the UAMCC Contributing Membership, regretfully and formally ask the current Board of Directors (elected/and or appointed) to resign as a group effective immediately. Due to the significant amount of accumulating evidence against the Board (past and present), we, the Membership Committee, believe this course of action is in the best interest of the UAMCC Membership and must be completed immediately before further action can be taken against the organization.

To the BoD, please provide the Membership Committee your decision by 10am, 12/10/2018.

Your membership committee is committed to supporting you, the contractor members of this organization. We will make every effort for transparency during this transition period. We, as committee, will not be taking control of the organization, rather we will be giving that control back to you, the members.
    We are grateful for your support.

Thank you,

Ryan Smith – Membership Committee Chair
    Kyle Heusner, Alex Samochin, Tim Sullivan
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ryan Smith
    Founder | New Again Exterior Cleaning
    Surrey, BC, Canada
    604-999-4502
    Ryan@newagainco.com

Default Re: Official Request From the Membership Committee to the BoD

You'll need to post the status per the State of California and not a 3rd party site. There are a few sites that are using false or incorrect information on not for profit status.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk
    Tony Evans
    A New View Exterior Cleaning
    UAMCC Vice President
    319-325-9475 Call or Text
    tony@anewviewia.com

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLBbO8DjLQU

Since my name isn't on this letter because of a little confusion...as a Membership Committee member, I too agree with this letter!
    Chris Kruppa
    Owner-Integrity Exterior Cleaning
    integrityexteriorcleaning@gmail.com
    830-221-8831

Tony,
    Is this the source you're talking about? I've heard a reason about not paying something on time.....we're all obviously looking for answers at this point.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Chris Kruppa
    Owner-Integrity Exterior Cleaning
    integrityexteriorcleaning@gmail.com
    830-221-8831

I William Davis agree to this request...

Tony Evans the AD Ron Musgraves has said multiple times today this is true and said it’s Jamie Schmidt’s fault as Treasurer. Actually the position that Ron holds says he’s responsible for keeping the board legal. So it appears Ron is the one responsible for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie Schmidt View Post
    Tony Evans the AD Ron Musgraves has said multiple times today this is true and said it’s Jamie Schmidt’s fault as Treasurer. Actually the position that Ron holds says he’s responsible for keeping the board legal. So it appears Ron is the one responsible for this.

Its all semantics, technically you had been my boss as treasure and the ultimate responsibilities fall on the directors.

No worries today we will get to the bottom of this issue, the franchise board opens at 7am just about 20 minutes from now.

I also had informed the board about this issue in Houston and mentioned it prior. I also believe it was paid and handled the state just reflects old info.

Its pretty simple we should have all been a bit more transparent, lessons learned for future boards. Elections right around the corner.

Even though I have nothing to do with this as a past president and leader I will take full responsibility. Seems no one else will!

Who do you mean by “ No one else” Ron?

Rance Tilley
    Paducah, KY.
    270-366-5254

To the UAMCC Membership
    First of all I truly believe in the UAMCC. I joined this organization several years ago after being very skeptical of Organizations from the past which I had been involved in. The root of this organization is in helping contractors develop their knowledge through industry events. This is the strongest point of this Organization; we put on very good educational events. This is the main reason that I became a member. The events are what I enjoy most and go to as many as I can afford to attend. I have never left an event without learning something. Shortly after becoming a member I started to help at the events as a way of giving back to the membership. Helping the vendors move into and out of the events and also with some teaching.
    After a couple years as a member I was asked to run for the Board of Directors (BOD). After consideration I decided that I would like to be more active in the Organization, so I ran for a position on the BOD. I was not elected during that election process, though I continued my participation in the Organization at events and such. After the Charlotte NC convention several members of the BOD resigned. George Clarke, then President, asked me to join the BOD. I willingly accepted the appointment. I took this appointment very seriously and have learned many things since then. I had never been involved with a not for profit organization before on the leadership side of things. It took me a few months to learn the flow of how things worked and how to voice my concerns and opinions in the BOD meetings. In the next elections I ran for Secretary and was elected, and I currently hold this position. I am proud to serve the membership in this capacity.
    During my term on the BOD in varying positions, there have been times of turmoil caused by one thing or another. Many of these times we see a great number of members being very outspoken and passionate about these subjects. As far as the BOD not making detailed comments on these matters, most of these details can not be made public, as it would be a breach of confidentiality leading to possible liable. The BOD as a group makes a decision, not just one person. This does not mean that every individual on the BOD personally agrees with the decision being made, however as a group we support the decision. Most times the decisions being made do not happen in very short time frame as we are all volunteers and have our own personal lives and businesses to conduct.
    I do hope that in the upcoming elections that we get some passionate people to step up and become willing and committed to getting involved in the running of this organization. Once on the BOD just know that change will at times be very slow.
    I have seen a request for the current BOD to resign; I am willing to do this if this is what the membership really wants to have happen. However I have not seen anyone step up with a plan to move forward with running the organization in the time following said resignations. If the membership truly wants this to happen I will stand with the membership to do what is best for the organization and help in any capacity of which I can.

Rick Atkins
    Rick Atkins
    Atkins Deck Treatment Service
    717-656-8928

Mrs President,

Per the below request from Membership Committee Chair we ask for your official answer...

• Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information