• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Statement on individuals claiming to be the UAMCC Membership Committee

Tony Evans

Board of Director
The recent post from the membership committee chairman and individuals claiming to be the membership committee are disturbing. Mostly due to the fact that the only individual that was officially on the committee was the new chair Ryan Smith.
In order for anyone else to be able to bring motions or action to our official communications on the forum they would need to have been recognized in the BOD minutes. As it stands none of the individuals that posted or signed a letter (with exception of the chair) are official. This means the letter, post, and comments are in fact illegal.
The Board of directors for the UAMCC take this very seriously and are highly disappointed that a unofficial group held an illegal meeting under the guise of our membership committee.

Tony Evans
Vice President of the UAMCC

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Chris Kruppa

So, who created the "illegal" group and page? Who added members to that page? Who was in charge of selecting who they wanted on the membership committee?

Tony Evans

Board of Director
The names of selected individuals must be presented to the BOD at an official meeting. This has been the process for all committees. Until that happens they are not a legal committee of the org and can't operate as such.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

Chris Kruppa

Tony,
This doesn't answer my question. I can see who created that facebook page...it's one you obviously have access to so you know also. Did the board know of this page before today? Did you know of the members who were added to that page? If so, then why does that page even exist? There was no "official business" or "secret meeting" held on that page. There was a conversation between members on that page regarding how to get as many up and coming new members as possible and how to improve their new member experience. So again, are you saying that the creator of that page and those added to that page are the only ones in the org that even knew about it? The BOD's had no idea of the people on it or it's content prior to today?

Tony Evans

Board of Director
You misunderstand the difference between starting a committee and it becoming a legally recognized committee of the org. To be a legal committee the candidates names would have needed to be submitted to the board officially. However the group can begin putting simple goals in place before that.
Big difference is that they have no legal standing in this corporation until the legal representatives (Board of Directors) have them documented in our legal communications area (not Facebook).
In other words, the letter stating the committee was taking official action on behalf of the members is illegal. The only legal representatives of this org and its members are the BOD and any duly authorized committees approved legally by them.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

Chris Kruppa

Tony,
I completely understand the difference. The letter from the chair aside...you just said that discussions can be had before any "official" committee members can do anything and that's exactly what happened in that group. No "official" business was had....just some great ideas to help the org, that's it. In your first post you said it's very disappointing and that you guys will take this very seriously and now you're saying that having simple discussions is ok. I'm not stirring a pot with this but you should know exactly what that page was. It's literally less than a month old. The letter is a whole other issue you guys can handle, that wasn't written by me so I won't comment on that. If that page is not right in it's members and/or operation then delete or close it until a new membership committee is chosen and approved by the board. It should have never been made nor members added if it had no official purpose. This has obviously added way more confusion to an ever confusing matter. Not one person on that page had any intentions other than to help grow this thing in any way they could.