• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

How do you treat the Vendor?

Henry Bockman

When I was involved in PWNA we kept it simple. Buy PWNA. We didn't promote any one vendor, we promoted ALL of our contractor, vendor and manufacturer members.

The same thing could and should apply for UAMCC. If your a member of the org you should try to support other members as well. That's one of the great things about Org's, they are great for networking. You don't have to endorse any particular UAMCC vendor or manufacturer member. Just simply say Buy UAMCC to support another fellow member.

Jeff had a point about oxalic acid. Some sell it cheaper than others but that doesn't make the more expensive vendors into crooks. Maybe they haven't found a place they could buy it cheaper for!

When a vendor recommends using one "based" product over another because they believe, have seen, or have been told it works better. Why does that make them a scammer? Could'nt it also be said that they were just making the best reccomendation that they knew of to someone that was asking for help?

Regardless of what anyone thinks vendors want to provide the best support they can for their customers. Why would a vendor ever push to sell something that won't work? It would cost them customers.

Keep It Simple

Buy UAMCC

Beth Borrego

When I was involved in PWNA we kept it simple. Buy PWNA. We didn't promote any one vendor, we promoted ALL of our contractor, vendor and manufacturer members.

The same thing could and should apply for UAMCC. If your a member of the org you should try to support other members as well. That's one of the great things about Org's, they are great for networking. You don't have to endorse any particular UAMCC vendor or manufacturer member. Just simply say Buy UAMCC to support another fellow member.

Jeff had a point about oxalic acid. Some sell it cheaper than others but that doesn't make the more expensive vendors into crooks. Maybe they haven't found a place they could buy it cheaper for!

When a vendor recommends using one "based" product over another because they believe, have seen, or have been told it works better. Why does that make them a scammer? Could'nt it also be said that they were just making the best reccomendation that they knew of to someone that was asking for help?

Regardless of what anyone thinks vendors want to provide the best support they can for their customers. Why would a vendor ever push to sell something that won't work? It would cost them customers.

Keep It Simple

Buy UAMCC

Exactly.
And to elaborate that point further, how many of us have been to Home Depot and gotten "help" that really didn't have a clue? Sometimes vendors do hire employees, not all vendors are owner only stores, and the help can be new, and not have all the right answers. If you go around believing everything is a rip off and everyone is out to get you, well, they call that paranoia.

Networking rocks.
Beth

Ken Fenner

Wow, so many excellent points. I knew from day one the vendor issue was going to be on the UAMCC TT's agenda without a simple solution. I do know Michael and I know well his passion. His passion can often be mistrued as being too outspoken or just plain read wrongly in print. I view the former as a positive aspect in a person's personality even though it may not make him or her popular.

It has been mentioned that the relationship between vendor and contractor is codependant. I agree with that and I believe Michael does as well which is why he is stressing the need for honesty and integrity in a vendor. Michael is interjecting his subjective opinion of fair play. I am more in the camp of caveat emptor. The UAMCC cannot judge the merits of a product or service, that is up to the individual contractor.

The UAMCC can never, in my opinion, show partiality to any vendor. If a distributor pays for the space, they can get in front of an audience. If you read Michael's posts he does not have a problem with this type of relationship as long as it is strictly business. As Michael pointed out, if a vendor is pushing a certain product, that vendor should be aware that his/her advertisment could very well appear on an article page or thread that is very contrary to what the advertiser is trying to sell. Any valid vendor will have no problem with that as they learn from mistakes and customer input. They have a right to address contractor issues on this BBS forum like anyone else.

As a compromise perhaps the UAMCC will have a couple of independant contractors that just test products and write impartial reviews? Rick Petry comes to mind as a person that would be awesome at this. If the vendor or manufacturer didn't like the review.. "We are very sorry about that. It may be more in your favor to use your advertising dollars in a different medium." That keeps everyone honest.

Ken Fenner

Hiya Beth. Thanks for the well wishes. Had to restructure some things both personally and business wise. Good to see you over here.

Also good to see Scott S. is onboard for the UAMCC movement. I agree he brings an added tone of credibility.