• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

What is Hood Cleaning?

Carlos Gonzales

Maybe this is a dumb question but I am going to ask it anyway.

What does Hood Cleaning and Pressure Washing have in common? Does the hood cleaners power wash vents as part of the hood service?

Chris Tucker

What does Hood Cleaning and Pressure Washing have in common? Does the hood cleaners power wash vents as part of the hood service?

Never actually saw a hood being cleaned Carlos.
But I have read several hood cleaning threads, and spoke with many "greasers".
I consider them more closely related to us roof cleaners then most Pressure Washing guys.
Many KEC have sophisticated chemical delivery systems, and are always after better chemical formulations, be it foam, or better chemical synergy.

Terry Miller

It would be nice if some hoodies would add some info. You guys do some serious work. Proper chemicals and above all safety. Please give up some basic info if possible. I know I will not do that type of work now. We do not have thepeopl, skills and education that goes with it. I do admire your work. Especially when I go out to eat! LOL Thank You.

DJ Carroll

Hey guys i'l try to help out here a little . . . . pressure washing can be used very little if you use the right chems . . . There are shoddy companies just like in any line of work that think hot water and pressure will do the trick . . . 99% of the hood companies i talk to are either down streaming or using a pump up. .. A pressure washer is needed (at least i think it is ) for cleaning the filters and fan bowl. It is a dirty job is you are a hard core greaser. I do it just for some side coin and only do hospitals, small resteraunts, nursing homes, and places that don't cok with alot of grease. . . .the easy stuff :D

Basic chemical is just like cleaning any grease . . . sodium hydroxide

these are the type of results you can expects

IMG_0015.jpg

IMG_0018.jpg

IMG_0004-1.jpg

IMG_0028.jpg

Terry Miller

Josh,
You have certainly earned my respect. Handling such a task has got to be a challenge at times. Thank you for sharing the photos and info. I'm sure there are many others that will appreciate your help. Thank you.

Christopher Bunn

What is Hood Cleaning? Hood cleaning is the part of Kitchen Exhaust Cleaning that is actually visible to the customer. Kitchen exhaust cleaning is performed to reduce a commercial cooking operation's risk of catastrophic fire, by removing the potential fire's fuel source. What is often over looked is the Kitchen Exhaust System's ductwork. The ductwork that I have shown below ran through a hospital's maternity ward, and was ignored by the exhaust cleaner that had just cleaned the hood.

For the record, it takes a LONG time for a hospital to accumulate that much grease in their exhaust system, ESPECIALLY considering the fact that this was a water wash hood!

Attachments

• S7301318.jpg
    S7301318.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 51
  • S7301325.jpg
    S7301325.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 45

Matt Bryan

Donating Member
It's easier to show you what hood cleaning ISN'T!!!

Attachments

• Picture 153.jpg
    Picture 153.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 43
  • Picture 154.jpg
    Picture 154.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 40
  • Picture 155.jpg
    Picture 155.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 41

cleanhoods

Defintion of hood exhaust cleaning; thre is setting up the hood to prevent mess on equiptment or floor.You hand clean the outside and the back wall.Then you go to the roof and check belts and grease bearings on the fan also make sure everything is up to parr running .You soak and pressure wash the exhaust fan then most of the time you soak srape then soak the pipes then pressure wash them.Now some systems have access panels where the pipes come to the hood above the ceiling well you open hte access panels soak scrape soak then pressure wash.And then you got to the hood soak and wait for the run off then climb in scrape all areas that the pressure washer cannot get to then you re soak then pressure wash again.Then go outside again and pressure wash the filters.Now you tear down and put all filters and drain pans back which are clean and climb in the hood area wipe the water then polish all the stainless.That is exhaust hood cleaning.Once i get comfortable here i will show some pics of accesses and things like that.

Douglas Hicks

I feel at home already, I see some of my compatriots beat me over here.

The goal of good exhaust cleaners is to make the resturant fire safe. If we do a PJ job, buildings burn down and people get hurt and can die. A number of us have goal of cleaning to bare nekkid metal. We also look down on those that do not clean to bare nekked metal.

We do have similar equipment to the roof cleaners, and we do face the same safety challanges as roof cleaners.

I started my business in 1978, servicing fire suppresion equipement, including cleaning hoods. I have also been a firefighter, volunteer, paid on call, full time and wore a white hat for a couple of years. With my experience and my advanced age I have an attitude towards PJ work. I had a friend killed in a fire several years ago. the contractor and builing inspector on that job did not do their jobs. They got a weekend in jail, Randy got a hole in the ground. That adds to my attitude. My professional goal is to never put anyone in a hole in the ground because of something I or one of my employees does.

I am a member of the Grease Police, and damn proud of it. I wish more of the fire orgs had the attitude of the Grease Police.

cleanhoods

I feel at home already, I see some of my compatriots beat me over here.

The goal of good exhaust cleaners is to make the resturant fire safe. If we do a PJ job, buildings burn down and people get hurt and can die. A number of us have goal of cleaning to bare nekkid metal. We also look down on those that do not clean to bare nekked metal.

We do have similar equipment to the roof cleaners, and we do face the same safety challanges as roof cleaners.

I started my business in 1978, servicing fire suppresion equipement, including cleaning hoods. I have also been a firefighter, volunteer, paid on call, full time and wore a white hat for a couple of years. With my experience and my advanced age I have an attitude towards PJ work. I had a friend killed in a fire several years ago. the contractor and builing inspector on that job did not do their jobs. They got a weekend in jail, Randy got a hole in the ground. That adds to my attitude. My professional goal is to never put anyone in a hole in the ground because of something I or one of my employees does.

I am a member of the Grease Police, and damn proud of it. I wish more of the fire orgs had the attitude of the Grease Police.

That is the same as i feel.I wore the white hat as well.Never lost a fellow fireman though sorry to hear that.But i have no time for firefighting but still stop by to give a helping hand. marko