• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

concrete staining

CWheeler

Does anybody do concrete staining? I have a customer that wants her patio stained, and i have wanted to get into doing this. Just wondered if anybody offered it and could recommend any products, sites to visit, any tips. Thanks in advance.

Tony Szabo

Ok,
I'm going to let the cat out of the bag here. I have taken a back seat and watching for many years about concrete coatings. We have all seen the Home Owner do it yourself garage floor kits, and most of them fail.

But I have bought into a Floor coating system that works and last a life time. The people who developed the Spray On Bed Liner have their own system for Floor coatings and much more.................

Check out www.vortexsprayonliner.com and www.matrixpro-systems.com
If you call, tell Jerry Steinkraus You want the Deal that Tony Szabo got from Midwest Mobile Washers.

As you will see thru the web sites this stuff is amazing.

Hope this helps!

Carlos Gonzales

Tony ...way cool. Quick question. Is this actual stain like the brickform acid stain or is this a epoxy sprayon (rubber) for garages and such.

I like the bedliner stuff. Are you familiar with Rhino liners?

Damaris Sutton

I can tell you from my experience is that you never want to use a acid stain if you are not experienced. I have done it for years, but there is just things that come up that can throw you for a loop even if you do it day in and day out. Kemico acid stain is great and they have good video help on the subject and training courses, but there again. If it is for a homeowner you should leave that stuff alone.

However for sheer ease of use look into Smiths color floor. It is self explanatory and applies real well. They will tell you the clear coat to use. You do not need epoxy for a simple foot traffic area. If you were driving cars on it with hot tires I would say that would be appropriate or maybe even xylene based.

If you have any questions give me a call.

CWheeler

Tony.
That looks like a very cool system, maybe something to look into in the future.

I have been researching decorative concrete for about a year now, and am confident i can do it. The customer has a small patio and it should be pretty straight forward.
I went to my local Kemiko dealer today, they really helped me out allot. In fact they spent 2 hours with me today in their showroom going over their systems with me. It is nice to know there are still companies out there that are still willing to offer such fantastic customer service. They really went into detail about their products and seem like a company that will offer great support in the future. Thanks y'all for the comments.

Pete Marentay

UAMCC Associate Member
There is someone addressing the Georgia RT about concrete staining. I have not seen his presentation before, so I will be paying close attention. I will pass on what I learn if you aren't able to be there.

Roger Gothorp

Actually it is Advanced Surfaces (sorry Harry!). Ken, I am always on the look out for quality companies to try products for - they came up on my radar :)