• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

NY RT & Vegas RT the same dates what to do????

John Tornabene

Member Guest
Two what looks to be excellent Roundtables on the opposite sides of the country on the same dates. What to do what to do?? Matt's RT looks very planned out and there will be plenty of people Kathy and I would like to see there along with joining in the Roundtable fun. This will no doubt be one of the best RT's to date. I've been to plenty of RT's and they were all very good with the biggest one being Celeste Gorthrop as far as head count went. The best one that I made the most money from a RT was Tom Vogel's for which I network with another contractor who ended giving me a lead that grossed me $15,000 that year. So that was my most successful one because I made money from it. But the best one my wife and I been to and enjoyed the most was The Myrtle Beach RT. That one was done with class and the location was Beautiful which leads me to Matt's and the Vegas RT. Matt's RT is looking to be as good if not better then the Myrtle Beach RT and if it almost as good then it will be a huge success.

Vegas....well what can you say about Vegas for a location. My wife and I are now considering Vegas mainly because of there location. We can fly Round trip for two for $500 and then get there catch some shows, Go to the RT and hopefully its a good one and then stick around for an extra day or two then fly back home. I can write any one of these trips off so to go to Vegas like a mini Vaca and then write it off has me wondering.

I'll most likely go to the NY RT because once again Matt's looks super organized and very professionally done....but Vegas when its still a little cold here and I never been there....hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Ron Musgraves

Past President
Staff member
Two what looks to be excellent Roundtables on the opposite sides of the country on the same dates. What to do what to do?? Matt's RT looks very planned out and there will be plenty of people Kathy and I would like to see there along with joining in the Roundtable fun. This will no doubt be one of the best RT's to date. I've been to plenty of RT's and they were all very good with the biggest one being Celeste Gorthrop as far as head count went. The best one that I made the most money from a RT was Tom Vogel's for which I network with another contractor who ended giving me a lead that grossed me $15,000 that year. So that was my most successful one because I made money from it. But the best one my wife and I been to and enjoyed the most was The Myrtle Beach RT. That one was done with class and the location was Beautiful which leads me to Matt's and the Vegas RT. Matt's RT is looking to be as good if not better then the Myrtle Beach RT and if it almost as good then it will be a huge success.

Vegas....well what can you say about Vegas for a location. My wife and I are now considering Vegas mainly because of there location. We can fly Round trip for two for $500 and then get there catch some shows, Go to the RT and hopefully its a good one and then stick around for an extra day or two then fly back home. I can write any one of these trips off so to go to Vegas like a mini Vaca and then write it off has me wondering.

I'll most likely go to the NY RT because once again Matt's looks super organized and very professionally done....but Vegas when its still a little cold here and I never been there....hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I would go to New York, much closer and more network possiblilitys.

Go UAMCC New York....

Terry Miller

John, Good post. We will base our attendance on each RT as I stated much eariler this year,
Based on it's value. There is only a difference when we make it. The location or weather has nothing to do with it in our opinion. I would rather attend an event with 10 good companys sharing ideas and run as professionally as possible. I don't care how many jobs anyone sells or how big a company is. It is based on Value. The same thing we give our customers. If there are 50-100 attending, sharing ideas, run with one goal in mind, that is where I would be. I have attended many events over 12 years and they all have some Value. The true test is what you come home with. A pocket full of trinkets or even a new PW is not as valuable as a head full of ideas and ways to grow our business. Just think if someone gave you an idea of how to increase your business by 2% this year? What is better, the idea or a new hose? Everyone who has a RT has to take the attendees in consideration. Are they coming to party and check out the fun or coming to grow their business from everyones point of view?
When the economy took it's tole eariler last year, I stated the people will evaluate very closly what they spend their money on this year. Going to a RT just for fun will soon be eliminated. Going for profit is what will count. I wish everyone the best in the RT events and hope they keep the small business person in mind. Thank you.

DJ Carroll

John, Good post. We will base our attendance on each RT as I stated much eariler this year,
Based on it's value. There is only a difference when we make it. The location or weather has nothing to do with it in our opinion. I would rather attend an event with 10 good companys sharing ideas and run as professionally as possible. I don't care how many jobs anyone sells or how big a company is. It is based on Value. The same thing we give our customers. If there are 50-100 attending, sharing ideas, run with one goal in mind, that is where I would be. I have attended many events over 12 years and they all have some Value. The true test is what you come home with. A pocket full of trinkets or even a new PW is not as valuable as a head full of ideas and ways to grow our business. Just think if someone gave you an idea of how to increase your business by 2% this year? What is better, the idea or a new hose? Everyone who has a RT has to take the attendees in consideration. Are they coming to party and check out the fun or coming to grow their business from everyones point of view?
When the economy took it's tole eariler last year, I stated the people will evaluate very closly what they spend their money on this year. Going to a RT just for fun will soon be eliminated. Going for profit is what will count. I wish everyone the best in the RT events and hope they keep the small business person in mind. Thank you.

+1

I am in my second year now so i look very deeply into what a RT is going to give me.

Beth Borrego

Terry, you nailed it.
I know we are focused on what brings in revenue first and foremost. If it doesn't generate revenue, I'm not spending time or money on it.

Beth

DJ Carroll

Terry, you nailed it.
I know we are focused on what brings in revenue first and foremost. If it doesn't generate revenue, I'm not spending time or money on it.

Beth

And yet we post on these boards every day :headshakesmile-fast I know I know they are addicting lol :biggrin:

Ken Fenner

John, definitely a tough decision. I love Vegas. It also looks like a strong, informative event. If it came down to climate, let's see Albany at the end of winter or a desert Oasis with 5 star hotels.. hmmm. Look at what you are trying to get from the events and then flip a coin. You're really in a no-lose situation.

Beth Borrego

And yet we post on these boards every day :headshakesmile-fast I know I know they are addicting lol :biggrin:

And do research....get answers - no cost, no hotel, no airfare, no meals, no set amount of time you have to dedicate to it....

I love RT's. been to many of them over the years up and down the coast, and also to a number of PWNA conventions. They all have their time and place.

Beth

Trey Posey

Going to a RT just for fun will soon be eliminated

Shoot that's crazy, the only reason to go is for fun, if I learn something that's just a bonus. Nothing wrong with having a good time. I take my business very seriously all the time, sometimes its better to relax a little.

Mathew Johnson

Terry, you nailed it.

Beth

I agree totally with Beth and Terry. My first RT was at one of Beths at a Mexican Restaurant in MD. It was a great event and it kick started my business.

I go to roundtables with a clear focuses in mind: To network with others and socialize and to learn to do services I currently provide and new services I want to provide - better, faster, and at a lower cost; and to help others do the same. Meeting these objective, puts money in my pockets and in theirs if they apply the information to their business operations.

How do I do it? Simply through networking, listening and sharing information with other contractors and vendors. Whether it be a past convention, a trip to the west coast, attending multiple events in PA or flyng to MB for Jeffs event, attending every event has resulted in money in the checkbook.

Listening to Chemical companies about better soaps and processes = equals money in the checkbook

One to one networking with a wood expert = money in the checkbook.

Speaking with vendors for the best price / product / service = money in the checkbook.

Having someone point out jobsite risk and prevention that may save me a lawsuit or injury = money in the checkbook

Learning how a contractor is cleaning a house in an hour and 10 minutes, when it used to take me 3 hours = money in the checkbook

I have learned volumes of information at these events that have helped me build my business revenue through efficiency, service expansion and tricks of the trade.

The BBS also are a valuable resource and have helped in all of these avenues. All of the BBS have helped my business and I have made some really great friends as a result of the BBS community.

There is value of direct communication and it is priceless at these RT's, It provides contractor education and a network of people I have met personally that are resources to help me bid a job or even help me do a job. In the same theme, I have helped contractors do the same as they have done for me. It is harder to teach and learn over the phone or in written communication than it is in person. Here is an example..

I spent a long time on the phone the other night trying to explain to a newbie how to wash a house efficiently and safely. It was nearly impossible to do. One to one, face to face communication with some equipment to even demo, or a powerpoint presentation to explain it are the best learning methods for all; especially for the adult learner. We use a similar approach in Nursing Education that differs from highschool and secondary education. (NO, I dont teach nurses how to wash houses, but the principles of learning for adults are the same in any field or profession)

I do agree with Beth, I spend money on attending an Event to get a return on the investment. Who has the responsibility on the return on my investment? It is a shared responsibility, The event promoter and speakers are there to provide some information that is tangible information and a benefit to increasing the bottom line through increased sales or decreased cost of goods sold. But as an Attendee or business owner, I own the accountability for the return on the my investment for attending the event, and I should. Hearing the information presented and tapping into the resources at any event does not guarantee me a return on the investment. It is up to me to use the time at the event to gain knowledge and then apply it in my business plan.

I can have a free copy of Jeff LeCourses upcoming book - "100% guaranteed success - of a 3 million dollar a year pressure washing business" GUARANTEED, wrapped up in a 6 inch binder. (coming soon to all Barnes and Nobles book stores for 19.99) The reality is this... If I dont break the binder and open it, it is worthless material. If I read it and memorize it from cover to cover but dont apply it, it is worthless material. If I read it and apply half of it and it works, I scored Big! Same concepts apply to networking and education events around the country as well as here on all of the industry BBS.

Last edited:

Jeff LeCours

Shoot that's crazy, the only reason to go is for fun, if I learn something that's just a bonus. Nothing wrong with having a good time. I take my business very seriously all the time, sometimes its better to relax a little.

Ihear you Trey I have had a blast at every RT I have gone to. Good talking to you n Alabama. Even if you are a liberal LOL LOL

They are expecting a high of 73 degrees in Las Vegas on the 28th of March.

I am excited about Las Vegas with all the things to do, and the great line up for strict "HAND'S ON LEARNING EXPERIENCE" in commercial work. I am not entirely sure about the schedule, however, I do not believe there will be many subjects about residential. This Round Table is for Contractors helping Contractors in tuff times.

The Goal in Las Vegas is about expanding your options to put money in your pocket ! Finding new avenues to make money when business or property managers are cutting their budgets.

So if you want a new avenue on how to put money in your pocket, and the shows, or the fun of going down those thrill seeker roller coasters with all being a possible Tax Right Off Vacation....

VIVA Las Vegas Baby !!! Viva Las Vegas :clap:

Mathew Johnson

They are expecting a high of 73 degrees in Las Vegas on the 28th of March.

I am excited about Las Vegas with all the things to do, and the great line up for strict "HAND'S ON LEARNING EXPERIENCE" in commercial work. I am not entirely sure about the schedule, however, I do not believe there will be many subjects about residential. This Round Table is for Contractors helping Contractors in tuff times.

The Goal in Las Vegas is about expanding your options to put money in your pocket ! Finding new avenues to make money when business or property managers are cutting their budgets.

So if you want a new avenue on how to put money in your pocket, and the shows, or the fun of going down those thrill seeker roller coasters with all being a possible Tax Right Off Vacation....

VIVA Las Vegas Baby !!! Viva Las Vegas :clap:

I'm sure It will be a great event for all who attend!