• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Boy o Boy I have a Headache

John Orr

UAMCC Treasurer
To answer your original question:

I run an 8 gpm/3000 psi trailer and yes, you can run all 8 gpm through one wand. The orifice size of the tip will determine your gpm's. If you work alone, this setup is fine. If there will be two people washing at the same time, I would prefer to separate machines - which could be set-up to run in series when only one person is working. If I had my druthers, I would have a hot 5 or 6 gpm hot skid and a 5 or 6 gpm cold on one trailer with about a 300 gallon tank. You won't need hot water all the time and rarely have I ever needed more than 300 gallons.

As far as Northern trailers, they USED to be made by HydroTek (great rigs - I have had several) but are now made in-house and cobbled together with whatever they can find in their parts bin. The ones I have seen lately look OK, but talk to any shop that has had to work on one - junk.

Oh yeah, welcome!

PressureWashE

To answer your original question:

I run an 8 gpm/3000 psi trailer and yes, you can run all 8 gpm through one wand. The orifice size of the tip will determine your gpm's. If you work alone, this setup is fine. If there will be two people washing at the same time, I would prefer to separate machines - which could be set-up to run in series when only one person is working. If I had my druthers, I would have a hot 5 or 6 gpm hot skid and a 5 or 6 gpm cold on one trailer with about a 300 gallon tank. You won't need hot water all the time and rarely have I ever needed more than 300 gallons.

As far as Northern trailers, they USED to be made by HydroTek (great rigs - I have had several) but are now made in-house and cobbled together with whatever they can find in their parts bin. The ones I have seen lately look OK, but talk to any shop that has had to work on one - junk.

Oh yeah, welcome!

Thank you for your answer after doing some thorough research, ive decided to have 2 units one hot water and one cold water, both that do 4-6 gpm. as i will be doing alot of buildings and parking lots i really need one person with the surface cleaner running at full potential and one person washing and soaping the building.

Thank you for your input.

John

BigRuss

Yeah John,

I have Honda 18 HP w/ 8GPM pumps at 3000/2500 and I use all portables on stainless wheel frames.

I use a 55 gallon plastic tank with a 1.5" suction hose feed to the inlets and a bypass return to the tank.

I use a 65/10 tip to clean and a 65/12 tip to rinse.
The 65 tips are killer with a 8GPM rig.

it cleans about 12-14" in one pass.

We will never use a 4 GPM machine again.

Portables are great because you get a trailer (cold water) quality in a
small rig, you can drop off at several locations.

A trailer is a beast if your only doing cold water work.

1996 was the last year of pea-shooters (4 GPM) for us.

Daniel Hulbert

Russ: Maybe dumb question but what is 65/10 and 65/12 65deg/10gpm???

Yeah John,

I have Honda 18 HP w/ 8GPM pumps at 3000/2500 and I use all portables on stainless wheel frames.

I use a 55 gallon plastic tank with a 1.5" suction hose feed to the inlets and a bypass return to the tank.

I use a 65/10 tip to clean and a 65/12 tip to rinse.
The 65 tips are killer with a 8GPM rig.

it cleans about 12-14" in one pass.

We will never use a 4 GPM machine again.

Portables are great because you get a trailer (cold water) quality in a
small rig, you can drop off at several locations.

A trailer is a beast if your only doing cold water work.

1996 was the last year of pea-shooters (4 GPM) for us.