• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

8 g.pm. 2-gun set up

Guy Blackmon

Bought our 2 nd. unit last week , does any one have any tips on running these beasts ? What problems should I expect , what modifcations? It's an Alkota trailer unit ,buffer tank ,two gun reels ,one supply reel . I do mostly residential and flat work , got this for apartment complexes.

Thanks,

Daniel H

It shouldnt give you any more probs then a single gun machine... the biggest headache you will have is when your unloader dies you really have to know how to adjust it for 2 guns.. or you will lose pressure when both guns are going at once.. it will mess it all up...

Ken Fenner

Guy, you'll probably end up like everyone else and run it one gun. I split my 10 gpm into two guns and its marginal with 5 gpm's per side. Once you get used to that high flow rinsing, its hard turning back.

But back to the original question.. The worst thing you encounter when running two guns off the same is the spike and loss when the other guy closes and opens his gun. Call Bob and ask him how he set up mine. It has something to do with having downstreamers in line.

Mathew Johnson

Guy, you'll probably end up like everyone else and run it one gun. I split my 10 gpm into two guns and its marginal with 5 gpm's per side. Once you get used to that high flow rinsing, its hard turning back.

But back to the original question.. The worst thing you encounter when running two guns off the same is the spike and loss when the other guy closes and opens his gun. Call Bob and ask him how he set up mine. It has something to do with having downstreamers in line.

The only time we use our second gun on our large unit is when we have a lot of gum to pop. The key is to have a pressure unloader in lieu of a K-7 or other flow unloader. The nice thing about a pressure unloader is that you can save/conserve water when you need to.

ECS MARK

Guy,

I am very familiar with the Alkota 8 GPM skids, one upgrade could be on the
inlet to the pump, let me know what modelAlkota and which pump and I can
offer you some tips for extended pump life. :)

We have been selling & servicing Alkota equipment for almost 30 years.
Ken is definitely right about one gun, LOL! 99% of the 2 gun machines
we have sold or set up run one gun at the full volume more than 90% of
the time.

Volume is king!

Carlos Gonzales

Thanks for helping out Mark...:yes:

Guy,

I am very familiar with the Alkota 8 GPM skids, one upgrade could be on the
inlet to the pump, let me know what modelAlkota and which pump and I can
offer you some tips for extended pump life. :)

We have been selling & servicing Alkota equipment for almost 30 years.
Ken is definitely right about one gun, LOL! 99% of the 2 gun machines
we have sold or set up run one gun at the full volume more than 90% of
the time.

Volume is king!

John Orr

UAMCC Treasurer
I run a 2 gun 8 gpm Hydro-Tek and an among the 99% using it one gun at a time. I do mostly residential and hook the surface cleaner (Big Guy) to one reel and a gun to the other - which also has a downstream injector quick connected in-line. I am running with a K-1 flow-type unloader and would use anything else. (If you think 4 or 5 gpm has a big kick, try 8!) The trick to using it as a 2 gun is that the nozzle size be equal on each gun.

Guy Blackmon

After using the system for a while now, I don't see a reason to use the extra gun, unless we were doing a large deck. I now want to change the pump on my 5.5 gpm unit, to make it a 8 gpm machine.

John Orr

UAMCC Treasurer
I should also mention that I carry a 5.5 gpm/2500 psi portable cold water unit in my van for those times when two guns are justified - or when the deck/dock is 400 feet from the curb.