• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Business Section Has Gone "Private"

Tomdurbin

Contributing Member
I agree somewhat. Maybe some sort of tease. Just to tell people we have information pay us and we will give it to you might deter membership. It might also lead people to say the information isn't worth what they paid, were's all the money go yada.....yada...

Ken Fenner

The business section never made it private. Within three days the transition team decided to keep the access public. Its is possible the team switched it back after I gave up administration duties. I would have to sign out to check.

Jim Chesmore

I agree somewhat. Maybe some sort of tease. Just to tell people we have information pay us and we will give it to you might deter membership. It might also lead people to say the information isn't worth what they paid, were's all the money go yada.....yada...

you also have to remember that those willing to pay are more likely to not be hacks

Ken Fenner

I logged out and did not see it.

You're right. Let me amend my statement to make things clearer. It was made private from Google as an enticement to join the forum and to not have every Tom, **** and Jane homeowner privy to discussions about sales, margins and the way we conduct business.

It has zero to do with hacks, coercion to join the organization or job leads. This is standard practice for many boards including PWI and TGS. There are sections and things you cannot see at PWI for instance until you register for the BBS.

Soleil Shepherd

Gotcha, Private for members only, not paying members only..

I'm just glad that just anyone can't see it. I seem to recall a thread about Fed Ex that I started :)

Ken Fenner

Exactly, Soleil.

For discussion that will never be found by anyone other than other paying members, the UAMCC contractor member private forums are best. Its still a good idea to practice good sense even there. You never know who is reading what is written. Its obvious that there are malicious and weak people that get their jollies from putting down or hurting others.

Henry Bockman

I'm all for making 75% of the BBS private, just for paying members of the org. There are plenty of free BBS's out there, make UAMCC's different and post some all the valuable information in a private area for UAMCC members. Share forms, invoices, legal documents, employee manuals and contracts. Marketing tips, business tips ect ect.. On a private area. Keep a few open discussion threads out there for rankings, new members and new traffic and leave the BS banter for other fourms.

Eric Flynn

I'm all for making 75% of the BBS private, just for paying members of the org. There are plenty of free BBS's out there, make UAMCC's different and post some all the valuable information in a private area for UAMCC members. Share forms, invoices, legal documents, employee manuals and contracts. Marketing tips, business tips ect ect.. On a private area. Keep a few open discussion threads out there for rankings, new members and new traffic and leave the BS banter for other fourms.

+1

~Jen