• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Business Section Has Gone "Private"

Ken Fenner

The business forums with sub topics of Sales, Marketing and General Business will no longer be visible to Google bots and unregistered users.

There are topics that are covered in those sections that can give someone's competition the same edge as UAMCC BBS members. There are also topics that are just not for everyone's eyes.

So if you are scanning the forum as an unregistered user and do not see the Business forums, this is why. Once you sign in, (or register) it will appear.

Henry Bockman

I know this is going to be an unpopular comment but, I wouldn't complain if you took all the really informative stuff and made it only for UAMCC members.

I'm not saying make the whole BBS private, just keep the most valuable stuff private for those that want to join the org. Why give away valuable information to those that don't want to support the org?

John Tornabene

Member Guest
I agree with Henry also. Leave enough on the bb to get the people here then leave the best private to get those people to become UAMCC members.

Ken Fenner

The forum will undergo some changes after launch. There will still be informative public accesss sections along with members-only areas for UAMCC members where we will exchange commercial and resi contracts, intro letters, spreadsheets, advanced techniques, high dollar RFP's, etc.

John Tornabene

Member Guest
The forum will undergo some changes after launch. There will still be informative public accesss sections along with members-only areas for UAMCC members where we will exchange commercial and resi contracts, intro letters, spreadsheets, advanced techniques, high dollar RFP's, etc.
Beauty!! Some more benny's for the UAMCC members. Besides of course all the hard work that the TT members provide, the more people who become UAMCC members the more potential benefits we all can recieve by having a large membership base.

DJ Carroll

I agree i think it should be for paying members only . .. .I actually think the whole forum should be for paid members . . . Let non-members see the sections and how many post are in them but not actually see the post this will entice then to join. . . . especially a new contractor that sees a section for business forms!

I believe a lot of it should be open, but vital forums closed. It's a delicate balance, but there needs to be some open, honest information shared to entice non-members to join.

The industry as a whole is much larger than the usual internet names and we need to reach out to all if we want to make a difference.

A few will probably wonder how I can say this when RCF is closed for the most part, but we're not attempting to start a national organization. Our bbs is similar to those that have been around before except no BS and watered down threads, as a rule.

If this thing is going to work, it's going to require some liberal thinking.

Carlos Gonzales

Great suggestions all the way around.

The BBS will be open to members and non-members. There will be certain areas that will only be viewable by members.

We do want to draw in the attention of non-members and offer any and all suggestions/advice we can give them. Thats what BBS are for. The UAMCC BBS is just one component of the UAMCC Assoc.

I do not envision having the BBS "locked" up for just members. This was never part of the plan and it stands to reason that we will continue down this path in having a balanced approach!

DJ Carroll

I believe a lot of it should be open, but vital forums closed. It's a delicate balance, but there needs to be some open, honest information shared to entice non-members to join.

The industry as a whole is much larger than the usual internet names and we need to reach out to all if we want to make a difference.

A few will probably wonder how I can say this when RCF is closed for the most part, but we're not attempting to start a national organization. Our bbs is similar to those that have been around before except no BS and watered down threads, as a rule.

If this thing is going to work, it's going to require some liberal thinking.

:hijack: That's the best oxymoron ever lol :Smiley-2033:

Ken Fenner

The only sections that will be password protected for member's only will be the forums that are designed to profit members.. job leads, RFP's, contract sharing.. subjects of that nature. I won't share my marketing material, intro letters and such on an open board. That's not UAMCC policy, that's just something I have adapted. In a back room, member's only area, I would be less reluctant to share what has cost me 20 years as a business owner and thousands of dollars to refine.

The forums you see here today will probably always remain open.

Jbruno

I second the opinion of a private/ public integrated board. The private being for UAMCC members only, and the public areas for everyone else whther they are in the business or possible customers of ours.

Like Carlos and others before me have said, the UAMCC is trying to spread the word about Mobile Cleaning Contractors. Being "open" leads us away from the 'elitist' attitudes that have ravaged this industry in the past. But having the private policed by our own will hopefully create a stronger communty among the UAMCC membership...

I second the opinion of a private/ public integrated board. The private being for UAMCC members only, and the public areas for everyone else whther they are in the business or possible customers of ours.

Like Carlos and others before me have said, the UAMCC is trying to spread the word about Mobile Cleaning Contractors. Being "open" leads us away from the 'elitist' attitudes that have ravaged this industry in the past. But having the private policed by our own will hopefully create a stronger communty among the UAMCC membership...

I'll third the need for a private/public forum and steering clear of the Elitist image.It was a major issue in the past and it appears that some of those who were involved back then haven't evolved past it.

Henry Bockman

Hey Scott, are you referring to me?

I just don't see any reason in giving away possible benefits for membership. It's one thing to share information with guys that are trying to improve but why share experience learned through trial, error and lost money if the guy learning it is a hack that only wants to undercut everyone?

Jeff Jacobs

Contributing Member
I'm a newbie and the BBS is part of the reason that I joined the UAMCC. I agree that there should be a members only section. But there also must be something that will allow prospective members to gain interest. Doctors, investors, and magicians don't tell all their secrets. Why should we? Someone once said, "3 people can keep a secret, if 2 of them are dead."
The sharing of info is great and I'm willling to pay for it. More contractors should be willing to spend their $ too.

Lonnie Greenwood

I'm a newbie and the BBS is part of the reason that I joined the UAMCC. I agree that there should be a members only section. But there also must be something that will allow prospective members to gain interest. Doctors, investors, and magicians don't tell all their secrets. Why should we? Someone once said, "3 people can keep a secret, if 2 of them are dead."
The sharing of info is great and I'm willling to pay for it. More contractors should be willing to spend their $ too.

i agree with you 100%:clap::clap: