• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Difference between Residential and Condo Work?

Carlos Gonzales

Jeff....your the condo king so that is for you. :D

What is the biggest difference you see between doing residential work vs. Condo?

Could Condo/Apt. washes be considered a separate market segment in the washing industry? If so, explain?

Also, what could the UAMCC offer your market (Condo/Apt) as a benefit that would be only applicable to you....meaning if the UAMCC were to give the condo/apt washers across the U.S. a specific benefit that only would apply to you....what would that be? List the top 3 bud...thanks Jeff..

Rob Huffman

Carlos,
I have done several apartment complexes however not really the same as condo's. I would say the difference being residential you would have to deal with the owner of each property. And with condo's you would probably have to deal with a PM or owner.

To answer the what to offer...that would be kind of tricky to answer. Leads possibly thru associations aligned with UAMCC? I know that sounds lazy but other than that I really wouldnt know of any other offering.

Mel Everett

Carlos ,I know this was geared toward (the condo king) but I know dealing with Apt complexes, most of the time you deal with PMs. Condo cleaning usually you are dealing with HOAs more than PMs. I know most of the time PMs are easier to deal with than HOAs because PMs have done most of the hard work for you and the HOAs. Most Apt complexes are owned by an organization, Condo's are owned by individuals. I am not trying to step on anyones toes just trying to help.

Jeff LeCours

No ones stepping on anyones toes, all info is good info

Condo, HOA work is great work. Most property managers now are changing their title to Community Managers not Property Managers ....Just a little note on that. many get certifications and use it in their advertising and how they sell to HOA's to use their companies

Althou Condo HOA is actually residential type work I consider it more of a commercial type biz. I deal mainly with Community Managers not the HOA's, yes I also deal with the HOA's directly but quite often they will just tell you to talk to the managers.

Residential is resi and that going after single family homes, condo work is going after the bigger jobs, you have to sell yourself like you know what you are doing, although I think condo work is easy, there is a lot to it, you have to protect yourself in your proposal/contracts a lot can go wrong washing condos and its no fault of yours but they will come at you for every little thing, protect yourself in your contract. Theres many things that are different than resi house, its just such a bigger scale. Instead of dealing with one homeowner you could be dealing with hundreds on one job.

I'll get back to more on what the org could offer, got to go right now

Chris Tucker

I have done them both, residential and Condo's.
In my part of Florida, it is ALL about price in Condo's.
In Residential, we find buyers FAR more fussy.
We have a lot of painters turned roof cleaners/pressure washers locally.
Often, they low ball the condo roof to get the paint job.