• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Downstream test

Chad Johnson

Since starting this thread I have been DS'ing all my house washes. I have done a lot of vinyl but also a few stucco and lap sided homes. I have had as much as 200' of hose run with no problems drawing chem. Using 3.5 gallons of 12% with 1.5 of water as Ken suggested with Simple Cherry. I have been using 30 tips, usually a zero but for single story homes I have used a 15 degree.

I need to get a 20 tip and see if that will shut off the downstreamer. I keep going back to the rig to shut it off to rinse. Not carrying the bucket around is great. If I can find the right tip to shut of the DS without going back to the truck that will be a good time saver.

Glad to hear your d.s.'ing.
I tried that in the beginning as well, using a 1540 to soap with then closing the valve on the injector to rinse. It got old really fast. Especially when your doing a 2 story house running 200' of hose and your on the backside of it and need to rinse, but your truck is parked in the street.:eek:
After that I said "never again".

Guy Blackmon

Theres no reason to run back and forth. Go to Pressure-Tek (Bob's Store) and buy a (J-Rod) 4-way nozzle holder! It holds 4 nozzles, 2 for ds'ing, 1 shoots soap high, 1 applies soap with fan pattern for low close work. The other 2 are the same way but are smaller to shut down the ds'er, so you can rinse at a lower pressure. Just change to the nozzle you want at the gun. No running back and forth. Make sure you order the correct nozzle size for your machine.

John Orr

UAMCC Treasurer
Doug, If you are going back to the truck anyway, put your D'S hose into your water tank, that way you will be drawing water into your injector and cleaning it out PLUS getting more water to the walls for rinsing.

As far as which tip to use to stop the venturi just call Bob at Pressure Teak

This is the best way to do it, though I wait till I'm back closer to the rig before putting the D'S hose (I connect it to a 3' piece of 3'8 PVC with a stainer on the end.) in the tank to flush-out the Duster. Even with a ceramic ball, it will make the orings and spring last longer by rinsing.