• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

How Long Does it take you?

PressureWashE

I know there are many experienced Contractors here and Im curious as to how long it takes you for residential work.

Here is the question:

How long does it take you to do a standard house wash of the following:

1200-2000 sq/ft 1 story Home -------------

2000-2500 sq/ft 1 story Home -------------

2500-3500 sq/ft 2 story Home -------------

3500-5000 sq/ft 2 story home -------------

Standard 2 car wide 2 car deep driveway ------------

Thank you.

John

Ken Fenner

House wash pressure washing time

Including setup and breakdown time.. 2 guys with a 10 gpm machine on average.

1200-2000 sq/ft 1 story Home ------------- 75 mins

2000-2500 sq/ft 1 story Home ------------- 85 mins

2500-3500 sq/ft 2 story Home ------------- < 2 hrs

3500-5000 sq/ft 2 story home ------------- 2.5 hrs.

Standard 2 car wide 2 car deep driveway ------------ don't do driveways seperately. As part of a property cleaning: less than 10 mins.

We also offer different plans. Add-ons include scrubbing gutters, acid washing foundation to remove rust, brushing windows and applying window cleaning chemical, coating house with polymer protectant, cleaning sidewalks, roofs, statues, benches, etc. Customer chooses what level of curb appeal they want.

And we're slow. We take time to wrap lights, cover security alarm pads, move planters, flags etc, edge mulch, route hoses around flower beds. Other guys on here are probably faster.

PressureWashE

Re: House wash pressure washing time

Including setup and breakdown time.. 2 guys with a 10 gpm machine on average.

1200-2000 sq/ft 1 story Home ------------- 75 mins

2000-2500 sq/ft 1 story Home ------------- 85 mins

2500-3500 sq/ft 2 story Home ------------- < 2 hrs

3500-5000 sq/ft 2 story home ------------- 2.5 hrs.

Standard 2 car wide 2 car deep driveway ------------ don't do driveways seperately. As part of a property cleaning: less than 10 mins.

We also offer different plans. Add-ons include scrubbing gutters, acid washing foundation to remove rust, brushing windows and applying window cleaning chemical, coating house with polymer protectant, cleaning sidewalks, roofs, statues, benches, etc. Customer chooses what level of curb appeal they want.

And we're slow. We take time to wrap lights, cover security alarm pads, move planters, flags etc, edge mulch, route hoses around flower beds. Other guys on here are probably faster.

That seems pretty efficient to me.

I will have an 8gpm and a 4gpm

Thank you Ken, anyone else?

John

precisionpower

1200-2000 sq/ft 1 story Home 20-30 minutes

2000-2500 sq/ft 1 story Home same as above

2500-3500 sq/ft 2 story Home 45-60 minutes

3500-5000 sq/ft 2 story home 1.5 -2 hours

Standard 2 car wide 2 car deep driveway 20 minutes

Bob Gomez

Here is the question:

1200-2000 sq/ft 1 story Home ------------- 3 man hrs

2000-2500 sq/ft 1 story Home -------------3-4 man hrs

2500-3500 sq/ft 2 story Home -------------4-5 man hrs

3500-5000 sq/ft 2 story home -------------5-6 man hrs

Standard 2 car wide 2 car deep driveway ------------

We are slow as well, we scrub the entire house, windows as well as gutters everytime. We use cold water, brushes, downstream etc. Add ons will of course add to this

Thank you.

John[/QUOTE]

David Vicars

I guess I'm about average on time.
It takes as long as it needs to, to get the job done right. I try to accomplish each job in the least amount of time, but I'm pretty anal about things so add 15 minutes to every job because of that.

Jim Chesmore

WOW Kevin, thats great timing!!!! I plan on having a helper this year and get my times to be someplace between yours and Kens.

You guys are both DSing, right? Is anyone washing with a pump? I was thinking about trying that to save on gas

Maybe I should start another thread about that.

jbmillion

1200-2000 sq/ft 1 story Home ------------- 75 Min

2000-2500 sq/ft 1 story Home -------------90 Min

3500-5000 sq/ft 2 story home -------------3-? Hrs Lots of variables on these large homes

Standard 2 car wide 2 car deep driveway ------------ Dont really do driveways up here everyone has asphalt

every job is different and I dont rush
"Haste Makes Waste"

deach

I guess I'm about average on time.
It takes as long as it needs to, to get the job done right. I try to accomplish each job in the least amount of time, but I'm pretty anal about things so add 15 minutes to every job because of that.

I'm bout right there with it too. Value and service, not price and time.

Ken Fenner

I'm bout right there with it too. Value and service, not price and time.

Exactly. Stay to make sure weep holes aren't running.. make sure mulching is edged.. reconnect customer's hose..double check windows for excessive spotting.. etc. Its not a race. I'd rather have an extra few hours of payroll at the end of the week and have every customer say "wow".

Nick Campanale

I know there are many experienced Contractors here and Im curious as to how long it takes you for residential work.

Here is the question:

1200-2000 sq/ft 1 story Home ------------- 30min

2000-2500 sq/ft 1 story Home ------------- 45min

2500-3500 sq/ft 2 story Home ------------- 1hr

3500-5000 sq/ft 2 story home ------------- 1-1/2 hr's

Standard 2 car wide 2 car deep driveway ------------ 15min

Thank you.

John

Thats running 2 8gpm machines and my own water supply!!:yes:

Attachments

• Picture 245.jpg
    Picture 245.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 59

Eric Flynn

Hard to say on any size house for me. How bout, how ever long it takes for it to look right. I've spent more time on jobs than I should have, but thats where my referrals have come from as well.

Now with my new rig, oh man she's a beast. So far it's cut average my time in half with every job!:yes:

Jen and I are still going back and forth on the name of it...... It's like were about to have another child! LOL

Eric