• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Washing Techniques

Jim Chesmore

I googled the style of wiring harness I have to see which thing is the 12v and which is ground. Then I bought the plug to build my own harness.. I got the parts at auto zone or pep boys, I don't remember which..

But its a big secret so don't tell anyone :Smiley-2006:

Chad Johnson

I googled the style of wiring harness I have to see which thing is the 12v and which is ground. Then I bought the plug to build my own harness.. I got the parts at auto zone or pep boys, I don't remember which..

But its a big secret so don't tell anyone :Smiley-2006:

So your basically powering the F.B. off the trailer light plug/harness off of your truck?

Chad Johnson

NO, I am charging my marine battery with the wiring harness from my truck.

By wiring a plug off the battery and running it to the trailer light plug from your truck? So when the truck is running it charges it?
I dont mean to be a pain with all the questions but I've been wanting to do this myself and want to understand it better.

Jim Chesmore

I have a 7 point wiring harness. It is set up for charging batteries on your trailer. Since I dont have a work trailer I will be sending that wire up to charge my battery. And it will only charge when the truck is running. Scott and his wife helped me get going with the idea.

Scott Davis

I got lucky and bought a Bobcat from Bob before he had to stop making them. I love it, no wires just fire that sucker up and roll!!!

I dont like gas engines. They're loud. From what Ive heard about the bobcat, it sprays about the same as the FB just with a bit more PSI. (I have not used a Bobcat)

Also, we dont have to fire anything up. NO gas, no oil changes, no noise....You just flip your switch and spray

BigRuss

Bob,

The gas engines are not that bad, compared to a 2-stroke blower or something.

The engines I like the best are the Honda 18 HP with a 8 GPM Pump, and a 55 gallon plastic drum tank & 1.5" suction hose feed. We run 2- 50 ft. non marking hoses and place the rig on the opposite side of where we are working so we do not hear the engine. Setup is always considered. People who work next to a rig did not plan the setup, to avoid fumes and noise.

The 65/10 tips clean about 12-14" in one pass.

I use the 65/12 tips to rinse.

Most things clean up easily with the 65/10 tips in S Florida.

Doug Rucker

UAMCC Board of Directors
I use all 3, x jet, downstream, and electric pump. I do not, however, use all three at the same time. Gets kind of confusing.

I'm newer to this forum and as most I started off cleaning house with a M-5 thought it was the best thing at first. After dragging the soap around and never seeming to have enough hose to it I tried a backpack sprayer hooked to the M-5 that was rough on a old fat man. tried DS and it seemed to work good I started to make some of my own nozzles first by drilling out old worn out ones to find the best size to stream then started to ad length to them with different sizes of pipe and tubing. There was a paper written from Arizona state on how water streams why it stays together how to keep it bonded together pressure and so on. It was quite informative but I can't find it now after a computer crash on my end. I wound up with some nozzles that work for me and have been using DS since and I can still go up the pressure with the conventional pressure washer nozzles to get the concrete and if there is something else the homeowner wants done. The main reason I found and joined the forums was to read about the electric units I find them most intriguing and see a spot in our stable of cleaning equipment for one. I like the idea of no noise when we did hood cleaning there were time that I believe this type of rig "sprayer" would have been great. Some restaurants and cafes were next or inside of motels noise was bad. We had electric pressure washers capable of using their hot water form the tap, but were hard to manage on the roof and most to small to use a whole lot of hose. I know I do get s certain amount of frowns with the motor running while washing. No noise would be nice. I also want to be able to apply the F9 through a hose set up instead of a pump-up sprayer and using a ball valve manifold to switch between the F9, fresh tap water from the site and the mix for cleaning by using each ball valve to help tune the mixture. This all is still in the mock up stage now. Till I can decide what pump to use. So for me I have to vote on the DS method right now till I can get my hands on an electric rig.

Jonathan Trammell

Contributing Member
When I first started I used an xjet to wash houses, especially 2-3 stories, because I didn't want to climb a ladder with a pressure washer wand in my hand, not to mention the risk involved trying to shoot water with high pressure while on a ladder. Once I found a chemical tip at my local pressure washing store that'll shoot a long range shot as well as adjust to a fan spray, I never used the xjet again.

I use a 1/2" air pump run by a 150 psi / 18cfm with a 30 gallon tank. I carry 100 gallons of bleach and have a 50 gallon mix tank. My plumbing is such that I can use the air pump to pull bleach out of a tote into the 2 50 gallon tanks, move bleach for the bleach tank into the mix tank and pull water from a 350 gallon water tank to the mix tank. The only thing I have to do manually is add the roof snot to the mix tank. I can then use the air pump to apply the bleach up tp 4 stories .
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_0075.jpg
    IMG_0075.jpg
    522.4 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_0079.jpg
    IMG_0079.jpg
    526.6 KB · Views: 87