Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Washing Techniques

Default Washing Techniques

I have a pump for roofs and DS for houses. I have talked to some of you about washing a house with the pumps and the more I hear, the more I like..

So how many of you wash houses using a pump and how many use DSing or X-jetting and why?

Disclaimer - we all use the methods that work best for us and I respect that. I dont want this to turn into a "my way is best" argument..

I'll start - I start using the m5-jet because I really liked the idea of having "clean" water with just a flip of the valve, its a great tool! This year I am switching to DSing to save time and money.

Washing a house with a pump is something I have not tried yet but seems like a great idea especially if you have two pumps, one with wash and the other with rinse water..
    JC Power Wash & Soft Wash LLC
    Jim Chesmore
    609-412-3033
    www.JCSoftWash.com

Default Re: Washing Techniques

I couldn't go to a pump driven system because I don't have the water reserve to rinse with it. You cold theoretically set up a minivan with a pump, a 30 gallon chem tank and some garden hose. I don't think that would be efficient because you cannot wash concrete (foundation, sidewalks, pool aprons and patios) with a pump. Even up high rinsing often times requiores pressure.. wasps nests, mud daubber things, cobwebs etc.
    Ken Fenner
    PressurePros, Inc
    House Washing
    Pressure Washing Companies

My reasoning is simple:

I don't x-jet because i don't like carrying a bucket around.
    I don't use a direct pump because I don't want to have to mix a batch 30-40 gals of house wash mix and then 50-100 gallons of rinse water.

there for i ds . . . mix chlorine, simple cherry and water in a 5er drop my hose in and throttle open the ball valve. when i need to rinse i simply close the ball valve a little and rock on
    DJ Carroll
    President of [COLOR=Blue]EasyPro[/COLOR] [COLOR=SeaGreen]Property Services[/COLOR], LLC.
    502-525-EASY
    Carrollton, KY 41008
    [URL="http://www.easypropropertyservices.com"]Pressure Washing in Louisville, KY[/URL]
    [FONT=monospace]
    [/FONT]

I know Mike K. will disagree with me, but I cannot seem to draw very good with a ball valve. I use my 4040 and 2540 and they work fine, but my chems won't move with the ball valve.
    Precision Power Washing & Non-Pressure Roof Cleaning Evansville, IN 270-860-7894
    Kevin O'Bryan; Owner/Operator

Quote Originally Posted by precisionpower View Post
    I know Mike K. will disagree with me, but I cannot seem to draw very good with a ball valve. I use my 4040 and 2540 and they work fine, but my chems won't move with the ball valve.

I would be willing to be i know what is wrong ( the same thing i did the first few times and thought to my self mike was on crack lol)

do this tomorrow . . . open it ALL the way OPEN . . . close it just a tad . . . it should spray like no other
    DJ Carroll
    President of [COLOR=Blue]EasyPro[/COLOR] [COLOR=SeaGreen]Property Services[/COLOR], LLC.
    502-525-EASY
    Carrollton, KY 41008
    [URL="http://www.easypropropertyservices.com"]Pressure Washing in Louisville, KY[/URL]
    [FONT=monospace]
    [/FONT]

I use a dedicated pump. Mainly because I hate Xjet and have never DS before. I really like it. I can reach all the heights I need and I dont need to use the PW (thats good, because I hate engines. I only use gas powered anything now when I absolutely have to. It is wierd, I know.). The only pain is having to mix the 30-40 gl of mix. Most of the time we use just the water hose to rinse, but if we need to reach some heights, we have a 100gl water tank on the trailer, and a ball valve to switch to water for our pump.

I would like to try the DS once we get our new PW, but I think we'll end up just using the pump anyways. We'll see.
    Scott Davis
    Confident Roof Cleaning

I DS, it is the simplest way to go about it in my opinion. However, I am thinking of adding a helper for jobs this season. If that is the case, I think I will apply with my Delavan and have him rinse behind me with low pressure using my machine(s).

This way I could combine my two 4 GPM machines to get an 8 GPM rinse and maximize my potential on the property. I don't like to use the word faster, but more efficient is what I am shooting for.

Once I order the Fatboy, I may use it solely on vinyl cleanings. I won't know if I want to do this until I try it a few times. This would be on solo jobs, if I have a helper, then I would do like I mentioned above.

After reading all the input, I think with my set-up, mixing 40+ gals for each job would be too time consuming. I think I will wash with the DSer and have a helper rinse with the fatboy when he is not scrubbing gutters. As long as he doesn't waist water my tanks should be able to keep up.
    JC Power Wash & Soft Wash LLC
    Jim Chesmore
    609-412-3033
    www.JCSoftWash.com

Im a d.s.'er by heart. Ive tried the x-jet thing before and didnt care for it much. Having to carry a bucket and fighting with 2 hoses. The hoses were an issue becuase I ran 50' of x-jet hose to limit the amount time carrying the bucket around. I still find myself x-jetting from time to time becuase I run into things that d.s.'ing just wont clean.
    I just recieved the Delevan yesterday to add to my setup this year. I plan on using it to tackle those "hard to clean" areas over the x-jet.
    Iv'e had the same thought you did Jim about using a pump system over a p.w.'er to clean houses with. But didnt becuase of the reasons Ken stated earlier. I still may try it though on a basic housewash to see how I like it and how it works for me.
    Good luck with your idea Jim. Let us know what you decide for sure and how it works out for you.
    Chad Johnson
    East Tennessee Power Washing
    Knoxville, Tn.
    www.easttnpowerwashing.com

I have been x jetting since I started over three years ago. I finally did a downstream test last week and will be trying that in the future. I will still need the x jet for certain applications.
    Doug Dahlke
    Square One Enterprises
    Newnan, Georgia
    770-362-6230
    www.4squareone.com

• Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information