Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Setting the standard ?

Default Re: Setting the standard ?

I honestly think Russ will knock them dead and the best part . . . MORE MONEY!!!!!

Think about it, your taking more steps so wouldn't that mean you get to charge more, not to mention supply and demand. . . if your the only one that does this and you can get one of your shopping centers sold on "scare tactics" you should be making bank . . .well bigger bank ;)

Way to go man!!!! I can't wait for pics AND VIDEOS!!!!!
    DJ Carroll
    President of [COLOR=Blue]EasyPro[/COLOR] [COLOR=SeaGreen]Property Services[/COLOR], LLC.
    502-525-EASY
    Carrollton, KY 41008
    [URL="http://www.easypropropertyservices.com"]Pressure Washing in Louisville, KY[/URL]
    [FONT=monospace]
    [/FONT]

Russ, Good to hear about your system. I am sure it is a great system !

Out here in California, we have been required to filter a Parking Structure since 1994 ish. Might of been 1992.

I have seen companies come and go because of the fines that they got from the cleaning of the Parking Structure not being in compliance.

I can't remember how many conferences I have had with the EPA over the 20 years that we have been here in California.

The Government has requested that we testify against fellow pressure washers who DID NOT comply with the clean water act.

I REFUSED !!! To date, I will not testify against any pressure washing company who makes an effort to comply.

I am glad that more and more companies are complying with the law. It really isn't that much more to do it right !
    Last edited by Jim@GarageCleaning; 07-12-2009 at 02:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim@GarageCleaning View Post
    Russ, Good to hear about your system. I am sure it is a great system !
    to be honest Jim its rather simple, I have a electric vacume with 210 cfm and approximatly 200 foot of lift, 150 feet of 2 in suction hose and a reel, live reel kit a 30 gallon solid waste capture tank that filters solids down to 200 microns, then it pumps out to a oil water seperator then to the polishing filters down to a final filter at 10 microns, I am more than likely going to call Pete Monday and add a 5 micron filter as well. Then I can opt out to either reuse, send down a sanitary sewer or divert it to another area (grass).

Thanks Russ for sharing your input.
    We to are on the fence line about purchasing a reclaim system. Nothing is enforced or brought to my attention from any of my customers yet.

But just think if I did educated some of my customers where the CWA is at this date and how important and why it needs to be considered when washing. This will be an excellent marketing tool to put us above our competition and being Green the same time.

Times and business is changing staying compliant and educated must be considered if you want to stay successful, I think!
    Tony Szabo
    Midwest Mobile Washers
    800-804-7517
    midwestmobilewashers@frontiernet.net
    www.midwestmobilewashers.com

Quote Originally Posted by Russ Spence View Post
    to be honest Jim its rather simple, I have a electric vacume with 210 cfm and approximatly 200 foot of lift, 150 feet of 2 in suction hose and a reel, live reel kit a 30 gallon solid waste capture tank that filters solids down to 200 microns, then it pumps out to a oil water seperator then to the polishing filters down to a final filter at 10 microns, I am more than likely going to call Pete Monday and add a 5 micron filter as well. Then I can opt out to either reuse, send down a sanitary sewer or divert it to another area (grass).
    Russ sounds like you have a system very similar to mine. Get lots of filters. The lower micron ones will clog quickly even on maintained properties that are blown off first. Here is a picture of what Square One has.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Doug Dahlke
    Square One Enterprises
    Newnan, Georgia
    770-362-6230
    www.4squareone.com

Doug is that a PEV or a PEV2 and is that a 44 gallon or a 66 gallon OWS?

It is a PEV2 Russ. The OWS I use is about a 75 gallon capacity.
    Doug Dahlke
    Square One Enterprises
    Newnan, Georgia
    770-362-6230
    www.4squareone.com

Are you guys going to run gensets or use customer electric? Better yet, are the gens on hot skids enough to power vacuum?
    Michael Kreisle
    First Choice Power Washing LLC
    Lexington, KY 859-983-5955
    BBB Member, UAMCC Member, GLAA Member, LBAR Member
    We own and operate a great Cleaning Service in Lexington KY as well as provide
    awesome Pressure Washing and Roof Cleaning services.

You can follow us on Facebook here...Pressure Washing Lexington KY

Quote Originally Posted by FCPWLLC View Post
    Are you guys going to run gensets or use customer electric? Better yet, are the gens on hot skids enough to power vacuum?
    The generator on the PW is not enough to power the vacuum. My generator has 6500 running watts with an 8000 watt peak and you need all of that to power the vac along with a 30 amp circuit.
    Doug Dahlke
    Square One Enterprises
    Newnan, Georgia
    770-362-6230
    www.4squareone.com

• Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information