• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Secretary of State of Calif. Incorporates the UAMCC

Carlos Gonzales

The Secretary of State of Calif. has granted corporation status to the UAMCC.

This is great news for us as we continue to move towards our launch date in early April. Our launch date was hinged on the fact on whether or not our corporation status would be granted in time. We submitted our corporation request back in December of last year. It is a detailed review process under the 501(c)-6 statue and we are delighted that the "Incorporated" status has been granted.

The United Association of Mobile Contract Cleaners Incorporation Number is C3191726

I would like to thank the TT for their hard work in making sure that all the necessary paperwork be in order or submitted for the UAMCC to function. The Corporation status was a big hurdle relating to the Assoc.'s infrastructure and we received this status right on time. Way to go Transition Team!!

Ken Fenner

Jonathan, here is from the IRS: The UAMCC is actually a 501(c)(6)

To meet the requirements of IRC 501(c)(6) and Reg. 1.501(c)(6)-1, an organization must possess the following characteristics:

1. It must be an association of persons having some common business Organization interest and its purpose must be to promote this common business interest;
2. It must be a membership organization and have a meaningful extent of membership support;
3. It must not be organized for profit;
4. No part of its net earnings may inure to the benefit of any private shareholder or individual;
5. Its activities must be directed to the improvement of business conditions of one or more lines of business (discussed under "The ‘Line of Business’ Requirement," page 21) as distinguished from the performance of particular services for individual persons;
6. Its primary activity does not consist of performing particular services for individual persons; and
7. Its purpose must not be to engage in a regular business of a kind ordinarily carried on for profit, even if the business is operated on a cooperative basis or produces only sufficient income to be self-sustaining

Ron Musgraves

Past President
Staff member
Jonathan, here is from the IRS: The UAMCC is actually a 501(c)(6)

To meet the requirements of IRC 501(c)(6) and Reg. 1.501(c)(6)-1, an organization must possess the following characteristics:

1. It must be an association of persons having some common business Organization interest and its purpose must be to promote this common business interest;
2. It must be a membership organization and have a meaningful extent of membership support;
3. It must not be organized for profit;
4. No part of its net earnings may inure to the benefit of any private shareholder or individual;
5. Its activities must be directed to the improvement of business conditions of one or more lines of business (discussed under "The ‘Line of Business’ Requirement," page 21) as distinguished from the performance of particular services for individual persons;
6. Its primary activity does not consist of performing particular services for individual persons; and
7. Its purpose must not be to engage in a regular business of a kind ordinarily carried on for profit, even if the business is operated on a cooperative basis or produces only sufficient income to be self-sustaining

Thanks for clarifying, its nice to know you guys are legit. This way if in the furture someone is not complying the members can take the persons or person to court for violating the incorporation documents.

How contracts and extended business is run will also be included in a 501c(6)..

When can you leagally run charity and Raffles?

topcoat

Contributing Member
Thanks for clarifying, its nice to know you guys are legit. This way if in the furture someone is not complying the members can take the persons or person to court for violating the incorporation documents.

There should be an informal watchdog group in place, likely of members who donate no time, money or energy to the organization, which will make sure that those who do choose to donate time, money or energy will in no way, shape or form be recipients of any type of return or preferential treatment as a result of that contribution. In fact, it should be the case that those who contribute the least receive the most from an organization like this. That is the beautiful irony of organizational dynamics.

You raise some very real points, an interesting commentary on human nature.

Ken Fenner

Ron, that is why things were setup legitimately from Jump Street. That is also why didn't just open a website and collect member dues. This organization is built around an infrastructure of longevity. The Bylaws of the organization ran through both The Foundation Group and the Secretary of State for approval and with some minor revisions, were passed.

We have legal counsel (The Foundation Group mentioned above) that has advised us in the setup of this organization. We also have a CPA firm and other avenues for long term legal counsel. This not like anything that has existed before it. I say that with no disrespect to other industry organizations or endeavors. That's why it has taken many months to get right.

We're approaching the light at the end of the tunnel. Its very exciting to see where the hard work has gotten this organization. Countdown to launch, Ron! :biggrin:

Ken Fenner

There should be an informal watchdog group in place, likely of members who donate no time, money or energy to the organization, which will make sure that those who do choose to donate time, money or energy will in no way, shape or form be recipients of any type of return or preferential treatment as a result of that investment. In fact, it should be the case that those who contribute the least receive the most from an organization like this. That is the beautiful irony of organizational dynamics.

You nailed it, Scott. The transition team did not set this up so any individual with a questionable set of motives could come in and dissassemble it or take it down a bad road. The bylaws have an oversight committee that will monitor the actions of the B.O.D and the Executive Director. We may not have written a document like the Constitution of the US, but it has systems of checks and balances.

Mathew Johnson

There should be an informal watchdog group in place, likely of members who donate no time, money or energy to the organization, which will make sure that those who do choose to donate time, money or energy will in no way, shape or form be recipients of any type of return or preferential treatment as a result of that contribution. In fact, it should be the case that those who contribute the least receive the most from an organization like this. That is the beautiful irony of organizational dynamics.

LOL, I am glad WE are legit also. Nice perspective Scott!

Ron Musgraves

Past President
Staff member
Ron, that is why things were setup legitimately from Jump Street. That is also why didn't just open a website and collect member dues. This organization is built around an infrastructure of longevity. The Bylaws of the organization ran through both The Foundation Group and the Secretary of State for approval and with some minor revisions, were passed.

We have legal counsel (The Foundation Group mentioned above) that has advised us in the setup of this organization. We also have a CPA firm and other avenues for long term legal counsel. This not like anything that has existed before it. I say that with no disrespect to other industry organizations or endeavors. That's why it has taken many months to get right.

We're approaching the light at the end of the tunnel. Its very exciting to see where the hard work has gotten this organization. Countdown to launch, Ron! :biggrin:

This is a great thing, when is and how will the elections be held. Nominating committees will I assume be set up?

Looking forward to the organization moving on and getting a person or persons to lead the uamcc into the future.

This is a great thing, are the bylaws availiable to members?

Carlos Gonzales

You nailed it, Scott. The transition team did not set this up so any individual with a questionable set of motives could come in and dissassemble it or take it down a bad road. The bylaws have an oversight committee that will monitor the actions of the B.O.D and the Executive Director. We may not have written a document like the Constitution of the US, but it has systems of checks and balances.

Per the By Laws ~ :rolleyes:

Section 1b. Purpose of Oversight Committee. The Oversight Committee shall act as the general membership liaison with the Board of Directors as it relates to the affairs and overall direction of the UAMCC. Members of the Oversight Committee will not have a vote regarding board matters but have the right to observe activities that are conducted and performed by the elected board of directors. The oversight committee shall not interfere with the normal duties set forth for the elected board. Their sole purpose is to ensure that the established policies and directives of the UAMCC Assoc. are sustained and followed in the highest most ethical manner.

Carlos Gonzales

So this just happened this week, I will assume now we can start taking Members legit?

Thats great!!!

Open up the gates and let them in, or do we still have to wait for a BOD?

Nope Ron...your assumption is wrong. The Internal Revenue Service identified the UAMCC as a business entity back in October of 2008. The incorporation with the Secretary of State began back in December of 2008. As a Supplier Member if you would like to see proof of this I would be more than happy to send it to you.

Hope all is well! :biggrin:

Jeff LeCours

Carlos is the man and very smart on this stuff. he keeps it all straight, legit and moving. I actually cant believe how much that man has done and continues to do. I told him he was crazy in the beginning, now I just say wow, for all he's put into this.
Go Carlos, Go UAMCC

Carlos Gonzales

Carlos is the man and very smart on this stuff. he keeps it all straight, legit and moving. I actually cant believe how much that man has done and continues to do. I told him he was crazy in the beginning, now I just say wow, for all he's put into this.
Go Carlos, Go UAMCC

Thanks Jeff...this has been and will continue to be a team effort!

Rock and Roll UAMCC!

Jeff LeCours

Thanks Jeff...this has been and will continue to be a team effort!

Rock and Roll UAMCC!

Ya its a team effort but without you leading the team, I dont think any of this would of ever happened. I know it wouldnt have happened. Im happy you asked me on (most of the time LOL). I see great things in the future of the UAMCC and our great industry

Rock & Roll UAMCC....ya I feel like listening to some AC/DC. They rock

Carlos Gonzales

Ya its a team effort but without you leading the team, I dont think any of this would of ever happened. I know it wouldnt have happened. Im happy you asked me on (most of the time LOL). I see great things in the future of the UAMCC and our great industry

Rock & Roll UAMCC....ya I feel like listening to some AC/DC. They rock

It is a privledge to have you part of this Jeff.

It's been a he** of a ride so far...huh? :rolleyes: