Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Down Stream Volumes

Default Re: Down Stream Volumes

Try removing any filter in your soap solution. Just go with the hose in the mix. Also your mix needs to be as strong as possible to compensate for the draw rate.
    Mike Schoeben
    A-1 PRESSURE WASHING, LLC
    Serving the Twin Cities Metro area since 2000
    763-300-7128 / Champlin, MN

http://www.a-1pressurewashing.com

You SH may not be very strong.....
    Scott Davis
    Confident Roof Cleaning

Jim, I dont know the physics behind "why" but for some reason the higher GPM machines draw less then the 4-5 GPM rigs. At least that is what I have read on the BB's
    JC Power Wash & Soft Wash LLC
    Jim Chesmore
    609-412-3033
    www.JCSoftWash.com

Quote Originally Posted by PressurePros View Post
    As another testimony of the venturi strength, when I was first setting up the machine I put a little plug at the end of the DS line and it collapsed it.
    Fenner, I am not sure what you are talking about on this one. What is 'venturi strength"?
    Precision Power Washing & Non-Pressure Roof Cleaning Evansville, IN 270-860-7894
    Kevin O'Bryan; Owner/Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Big Mike View Post
    Try removing any filter in your soap solution. Just go with the hose in the mix. Also your mix needs to be as strong as possible to compensate for the draw rate.
    Big Mike,
    Im using 3 gal 12% with a double load of simple cherry (16oz per 5) 2 gal water .
    Jim Vanhandel
    James VanHandel
    Pressure Washing, Roof, Restaurant, Parking garage, Commercial building restoration
    All of new jersey
    609-738-3100
    innovativewash@aol.com
    www.innovativepressurecleaning.com

Quote Originally Posted by precisionpower View Post
    Fenner, I am not sure what you are talking about on this one. What is 'venturi strength"?
    This is where it would be great to have a DooLittle here. Actually Dan could also explain well.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Venturi_effect
    Ken Fenner
    PressurePros, Inc
    House Washing
    Pressure Washing Companies

That should be a strong enough mix. Some other restrictions could be length of pw hose (over 150' the draw rate drops dramatically), or an obstruction in the injector itself. Pull it off and look through it. Can you see through it? If not, it's plugged. There's a venturi (small brass or stainless screwed in insert) inside the injector. Take a skinny screwdriver and back the venturi out and inspect.The hole should be nice and round, but if it looks pitted or worn, its shot. Chemicals, especially chlorine and NaOH, will eventually corrode and ruin the insert.

We use stainless Allison Suds-Sucker injectors alot, but we also use the cheap Northern Tool ones (General Pump). The key to making them last is after your done using it, pull it off the machine, and rise out any residual chemical so it doesn't sit there and eat the guts of the injector. Remeber, its a wear part, and won't last forever. We always carry a few diffent one's just in case. Also different sizes.

I've also noticed that the Simple Cherry doesn't run quite as well through an injector, and adding more might be the problem. Most powder form soaps don't dissolve as well as say, Dawn. Try mixing the Simple Cherry with water first then add Love. Use real warm water. Hope that helps.
    Mike Schoeben
    A-1 PRESSURE WASHING, LLC
    Serving the Twin Cities Metro area since 2000
    763-300-7128 / Champlin, MN

http://www.a-1pressurewashing.com

I just remembered and easy fix to your problem. Make sure your injector is located as close to your reel as possible. If you have it connected just after your pump it will not draw very well.
    JC Power Wash & Soft Wash LLC
    Jim Chesmore
    609-412-3033
    www.JCSoftWash.com

Chlorine is very caustic and can really wreak havoc on the injectors. I actually had to deal with this problem last week. All I needed was a new injector. I ended up getting quick couplers put on either end so I can run 50 feet of hose from the machine, throw in the injector, and then run another 50 to the gun if i want. I got a fixed 5/1 ratio plug in it. Only cost me $40 and should last two seasons.

Check your trigger gun also. It should be rated at at least 12 gpm. The larger opening in the higher flowing guns help to lower any back pressure that can cause the downstreamer to draw less solution. With the 8 gpm machines, I use a 3-5 gpm Down streamer (General High Draw) and 0050-0060 tips and draw solutions like crazy up to 250 feet of hose.
    Michael Kreisle
    First Choice Power Washing LLC
    Lexington, KY 859-983-5955
    BBB Member, UAMCC Member, GLAA Member, LBAR Member
    We own and operate a great Cleaning Service in Lexington KY as well as provide
    awesome Pressure Washing and Roof Cleaning services.

You can follow us on Facebook here...Pressure Washing Lexington KY

• Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information