• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Down Stream Volumes

plainpainter

Jim, I dont know the physics behind "why" but for some reason the higher GPM machines draw less then the 4-5 GPM rigs. At least that is what I have read on the BB's

It's not that the smaller machines 'draw' better - it's that under atmospheric pressure, only so much liquid is going to get shoved through a downstreamer.
So when you start seeing that 80-84 ozs per minute is about the max flow one of these suckers can move. Then you can understand that a larger machine will introduce more water and therefore dilute the chemical more. You can increase the pressure differential that the downstreamer sees by using a delavan to supply the chemical - then you will see even better flow figures.

Personally even when you are sucking 80 ozs. per minute. A five gallon bucket only lasts 8 minutes of actual downstreaming time. In other words if you have a 5gpm machine sucking at 7:1. You will only have 8 minutes worth of actual soaping time before your 5'er is empty - and personally that's way too fast for me.

plainpainter

Bob doesn't carry them - but General even makes a 1-2gpm injector. I fooled around with the 3 sizes Bob carries - and I don't remember pulling more chem than with the 3-5 gpm injector. I'll experiment again - but I don't see much use in getting the chems that strong other than for downstreaming strippers.

Ken Fenner

I'll have to double check but I am fairly certain i just got a 2-3 gpm from him.

Yes, the reason for stronger downstream ratios is only for deck stripping and for maintenance treating of roofs.

plainpainter

Yes, the reason for stronger downstream ratios is only for deck stripping and for maintenance treating of roofs.

I agree, for this it makes a lot of sense, for house washing - I can clean with 17:1 with ease. Even really bad spots - you can pre-treat them way before you ever get to that side - and then continually spot treatment as you are doing other things. 4:1 downstream ratios would come in ultra handy for deck stripping. Mixing F-18 at 24 ozs. per gallon - that would be 5 ozs per gallon on the deck - that takes care of the majority of alot of stripping scenerios. Not to mention the flooding action of downstreaming doesn't translate equally to pump up applications and hvlp applications. I'd bet 5 ozs/gallon downstreamed is about as effective as 8-10 ozs/gallon from a pump up if not better.