• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

A EPA Question

Don M.

Today, I spotted MODot (Missouri Dept of TRansportation) washing down roadways and the runoff was going into storm drains.

Is this a issue, or is it okay for them to do that?

Rob Huffman

Sure its ok Don. They will only fine themselves...haha. Sorry. Actually the old saying is "nothing down the drain but rain" holds true for everyone basically in a nutshell. I remember going to the Dept of Public Works to get a hydrant permit and there was a city employee washing the front steps and another one popping gum. I just sat in amazement. :redcard:

precisionpower

True story: I spoke to my local EPA dept. last year about fines, etc. and the guy told me as long as there is no lead based paint, then he doesn't care, and would never issue a fine for affluent waste water.

Mike Schoeben

Most states, municipalities, and cities are exempt from storm water rules for bi-annual roadway cleaning (street sweeping, etc.). This is necessary for the stormwater conveyance systems to work properly, and remain unclogged.

Guy Blackmon

Again this is another Gray Area in the CWA and EPA enforcement. So what if the DOT were under the same rules as everyone else and were to be fined? Who pays the fine? You guessed it, You And Me, The Taxpayer!!!

Jonathan Ellis

Is this a issue, or is it okay for them to do that?

Kinda the same thing as it being legal for a cop who is stuck at a red light to turn his lights on, go through the light and turn the lights back off. Legal? No more for them than us, but they have the "power" and abuse it.

Don M.

Again this is another Gray Area in the CWA and EPA enforcement. So what if the DOT were under the same rules as everyone else and were to be fined? Who pays the fine? You guessed it, You And Me, The Taxpayer!!!

I was just wondering why they dont have to block up the drain, suck up the water, etc. like we would have to do.

Rob Huffman

They are supposed to Don. But its not always as simple as that I guess. Its like the guys who were doing Post Office vehicles with no reclaim. So they fined the contractor...did they fine the Post Office?

Ron Musgraves

Past President
Staff member
Is Robert the spokes person for the Uamcc? He may have and answer, I wonder if he has seen this thread.

I would like to know if certain goverment agencys are except.

Douglas Hicks

Is Robert the spokes person for the Uamcc? He may have and answer, I wonder if he has seen this thread.

I would like to know if certain goverment agencys are except.

Someplace in CFR 29 is a requirement stating that the Feds are to follow local rules. They don't, and we have all seen state and local rules ignored by all governments.