• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

6% roof wash

Daniel H

here is a roof I washed this week...

Attachments

• 009 002 (Small).jpg
    009 002 (Small).jpg
    45 KB · Views: 57
  • 009 009 (Small).jpg
    009 009 (Small).jpg
    42 KB · Views: 58

Jim Chesmore

most likely straight, thats the way I have dont it in the past with that stuff... Its not like a weak 12% its weaker then weak, at least the stuff I had from Sams was that way

plainpainter

Someone mentioned that a chemist friend explained that 6% straight is still not equal in potency than 12% cut in half - even though numerically you would think so.

Damaris Sutton

I have used straight Clorox Summer Showers I think it is and Dawn flowery stuff. It works real good. I have never had a problem with the roof coming clean.

David Vicars

Go to the top right where it says "settings" click on that. Once you get on that page, about halfway down on the left it says edit signature. Click that and enter the info.
If your still having a problem let me know.

Chris Tucker

Just using staight bleach ...Do you just spray it on or do you rinse as well ...
Terry, household bleach will not work very well, even with TSP added the so called "A.R.M.A. roof cleaning method" unless getting a Sun Tan is your objective! You need to find Sodium Hypochlorite 12.5 percent known as Pool Chlorine or Liquid Pool Shock, dilute it down, and mix with your favorite surfactant. It is always best to rinse a roof after allowing the roof cleaning solution enough dwell time to clean and KILL the roof algae. Give it 1/2 an hour, then rinse the roof, one side at a time, being sure to rinse the rinsed off chemicals off the plants, and well into the ground, below the roof line! This means you must FLOOD the side of the house you just rinsed. Failure to do so can result in dead plants.

James VanHandle

UAMCC-Member
We mix 40 gallons of 12% and 60 gal water with half a big jug of Joy lemon scent. I think this mix is very strong and will clean the blackest of roofs. Around these parts we have all gutters on homes. Our protocal is to coat the roof with not much runoff, saturate all the landscape but we still replace bushes. WHY?? This year we are bagging the downspouts and collecting runoff.