• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Downstreaming Decks?

Don M.

Did you need to do any masking of the house? I run into the problem of the overspray getting on the house.. If I change over tips to stop drawing and rinse the house then I get the first couple feet of the deck that is closest to the house too diluted to do the work. How do you guys handle this?

Florin, I just prewet the house. Never had an issue if its vinyl.

Florin Nutu

Could you just tape plastic along the house to block the over spray?

That is the method I have resorted to. That or I have a pice of plexiglass 3' x 5' that I walk with with one hand while the other sprays and it keeps the back splash off the house but it is a pain in the butt

Jeff Wible

Just wondering, has anyone ever tried putting a three way hose barb in the downstream line. The third barb would be exposed to air, and would maybe make a foamy spray because of the air induction? I noticed that when you remove the line from the bucket, it will spray foamier solution for a second or two after the chemical line is cleared of product,...figured it's the air.

Jeff

Ken Fenner

Jeff, would be interesting to see how that works. I think it would kill to much of the effective height spray when doing houses, but on decks it might work well.

Jeff Wible

Yea Ken, was considering it for decks. It's cold here in Pa as you know and my mind is wandering.Have different ideas I want to try but can't get enough good weather.

Suppose you could just poke a hole, but that seems to simple .Ha,Ha

Jeff

Ken Fenner

Yeah this weather is crazy. I cancelled two jobs we had scheduled for today. One thing I do to get the stream agitation thing going on a hose barb is to use a pair of needle noee pliers to crimp the opening. I don't actually squeeze it together, I sort of bend down little lips, if that makes sense.