• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Reclaim units, anybody know much about them?

Chad Johnson

I might have an oppurtunity to get into some commercial wok that requires reclaiming. Didnt know until recently the state requires it
eek.gif

Anybody know of some good units or something I can make myself?

Im looking at this one right now
http://www.hydroteksystems.com/rec-hydroloop.htm
But from what I understand, I cant filter and re-use the water, but if its filtered can I drain it into the sewer?

Any input would be appreciated.
Thanks.
modify_inline.gif

Mike Schoeben

Chad,
There's a lot of info out there on types of equipment, regulations, BMPs, and so on. First, when you refer to "sewer" I'm assuming you mean sanitary sewer and not storm sewer. Storm sewer discharge is almost universally NOT acceptable. As for you local sanitary sewer, you'll most likely need some type of permit from the sewer authority before you can discharge there. Picking up the water is easy and cheap (vacuum, sump pump, etc.). getting rid of the water legally is a bit tougher. I'd suggest doing a search at TGS in the environmental forum. Lots of reading over there, and links too.

As for the hydroloop, I think it's a decent entry-level unit, but it will depend on the volume of work you're going to perform.

Carlos Gonzales

Chad,
There's a lot of info out there on types of equipment, regulations, BMPs, and so on. First, when you refer to "sewer" I'm assuming you mean sanitary sewer and not storm sewer. Storm sewer discharge is almost universally NOT acceptable. As for you local sanitary sewer, you'll most likely need some type of permit from the sewer authority before you can discharge there. Picking up the water is easy and cheap (vacuum, sump pump, etc.). getting rid of the water legally is a bit tougher. I'd suggest doing a search at TGS in the environmental forum. Lots of reading over there, and links too.

As for the hydroloop, I think it's a decent entry-level unit, but it will depend on the volume of work you're going to perform.

Thanks for helping him out Mike....I appreciate all your help over here at UAMCC.

Rob Huffman

Chad,
It was nice talking to you last. I hope I helped out with what you have going on. Good luck with the Property Manager and as I said feel free to contact me anytime. Talk to you later.

Chad Johnson

Thanks for the response guys.
Thanks for your help again Rob. Definately helps get my foot in the door.
I left the PM a message and Im waiting for a response.

Lou Zehnder

Mike I was also looking at hydro tek.....if its entry level what would be a good unit to buy? Azv88 was the unit I was looking to buy. I am about an inch from getting out of landscaping and just going prowash....any input would be nice

Mike Schoeben

Lou,
The biggest thing to look for in a reclaim unit is the volume it can handle. If you're doing smaller jobs, and running one rig, the Hydrotek should work fine for you. If you're trying to reclaim wash and rinse water from several machines, and pieces of equipment at the same time, you'll need something that can handle the volume of water its taking in. If your vacuum and OWS can't handle it, you'll likely have water going where you don't want it, or you'll end up stopping washing, and waiting for your reclaim to catch up. Time=money. There's some decent equipment available, and it doesn't have to cost a fortune. Many have built high volume vacuums for a lot less than you could purchase one. I don't want to endorse any particular brand or type, but here's my box truck recovery setup:
Sirroco PEV2 vacuum / portable
Sirroco OWS 10-200 / truck mounted
8000 watt generator / truck mounted
275 gal tote for reclaimed H2O
Mosmatic vacuum surface cleaner
Plus all the other stuff like sump pumps, oil socks, sludge pump, drain covers, berms, oil dri, shovels, brooms, squeegees, etc, etc.

This allows me to run many different configurations of recovery. My machines on that truck put out 5.5gpm, and the OWS will handle 10gpm.
Most often we don't use the vacuum surfacer, we'll run Big Guy's for speed and rinse with a wand. We can run this setup for 8 hrs+ before having to clean filters on general cleaning (except the vac filter). Your biggest concern should be pre cleaning the area to reduce debris entering the system.

D

Donny Jackson

Your biggest concern should be pre cleaning the area to reduce debris entering the system.

I use a back pack blower ( now ) Helps alot:biggrin: