• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Liquid detergent mix

Has anyone else used any of the liquid laundry detergents with the 12% instead of Dawn?

What were they and what was the results?
Is that what you are using is the liquid laundry detergent I find it to be kind expencive but I use cup of the powder cheap laundry and cup dawn 10 gallons house wash to ds witch gives me nice soapy wash that sticks to the side of house nicely.

Damaris Sutton

Is that what you are using is the liquid laundry detergent I find it to be kind expencive but I use cup of the powder cheap laundry and cup dawn 10 gallons house wash to ds witch gives me nice soapy wash that sticks to the side of house nicely.

I use the Dawn also, but I was just looking to see if there was a better way. If something works better. If the only reason Dawn is used is because it works, but is cheaper. My goal is to study to find out if there is something that works better. If there is I will use it and just charge it into the rpice. It will not be off of my nose and the homeowner will get even a better cleaning or maybe a faster one?

I use the Dawn also, but I was just looking to see if there was a better way. If something works better. If the only reason Dawn is used is because it works, but is cheaper. My goal is to study to find out if there is something that works better. If there is I will use it and just charge it into the rpice. It will not be off of my nose and the homeowner will get even a better cleaning or maybe a faster one?
there is always better product out there sunbrite has house wash soap, Bob from pressuretech has simple cherry, I get some soaps with wet wax from local chem company that I up sale. I recomend looking at your local chemest companies first see what they have.

Michael Kreisle

Contributing Member
Simple Cherry is the best I have found for a cleaner, faster rinse. It always gives me good results. And the cost really isn't as bad as one would think.

Scott Davis

Simple cherry is the best Ive used for rinsing. It doesnt cling as well as I would like, but is definately a superior product to store bought soap.

Damaris Sutton

Simple Cherry is the best I have found for a cleaner, faster rinse. It always gives me good results. And the cost really isn't as bad as one would think.

Thanks everyone for their help. I placed this in the Pressure washing institute and the roof cleaning forum for optimized results. What mixing ratio would there be using the simple cherry per chlorine ratio? I would not want the simple cherry aroma to be masked by the strong chlorine to a point where there was no cherry smell.

Florin Nutu

Thanks everyone for their help. I placed this in the Pressure washing institute and the roof cleaning forum for optimized results. What mixing ratio would there be using the simple cherry per chlorine ratio? I would not want the simple cherry aroma to be masked by the strong chlorine to a point where there was no cherry smell.

Your first priority should be if the mix is strong enough to do its job and not if it covers up the smell of your simple cherry. Do you want a clean roof/house or a good smelling house.

Damaris Sutton

The other thing about SC is it does not mask the smell very well. But like florin said, what's the priority?

True on both accounts. I used SC once and the cherry smell was not that noticeable. I however do not have that great of a snout anymore due to much inhaling of oil, laquers and epoxy over the years. I guess that warning on the can to wear a breathing apparatus was for real?
:Smiley-2041:

Hello,
I am new to this site but I have been cleaning roofs for two years now. Can anyone tell me how to get " soot " off shingles. I have noticed it on homes by the chimney,usually just on homes with the metal pipe like chimneys. Any ideas?

Damaris Sutton

I read the liquid laundry question and clicked to see what was up and found my old post from '09 lol. I have come a long way. I do like Simple cherry, but it does not mask the smell that well(agreed what is the priority,clean or smelly goodness?) It does not cling as well as others, but maybe that's why it rinses well. It still gets the job very clean though to create happy customers.

Chris Tucker

Dawn's main ingredient is Sodium Laurel Sulfate, and you can buy gallons of this chemical on Ebay that are 29 percent purity.
Dawn is something like 5 to 7 percent Sodium Laurel Sulfate, so go figure ?

Chris Tucker

there is always better product out there sunbrite has house wash soap, Bob from pressuretech has simple cherry, I get some soaps with wet wax from local chem company that I up sale. I recomend looking at your local chemest companies first see what they have.
Hello Chris, next time you are over in Tampa, check out Florida Chemical Supply ? They are on Chelsea Street in East Tampa. Marilyn sells and stocks all kinds of cleaning chemicals and soaps she makes. In fact, she sells to several pressure washing supply houses!
LOL, she makes soaps and cleaning agents that others merely put their name on.

Rodney Brown

Hello Chris, next time you are over in Tampa, check out Florida Chemical Supply ? They are on Chelsea Street in East Tampa. Marilyn sells and stocks all kinds of cleaning chemicals and soaps she makes. In fact, she sells to several pressure washing supply houses!
LOL, she makes soaps and cleaning agents that others merely put their name on.

Do they have a website????

Chris Tucker

Do they have a website????
They sure do http://www.florida-chemical.com/ but it is a confusing one. It is best to simply call them, and ask for Marilyn, or her Son. They also make Foamers. Like every chemical supply places, their prices are not "set in stone".
Marilyn tries to be competitive, and usually is, especially if you are local to them, like I am.
I buy all my TSP (trisodium phosphate) there. They carry a finely ground TSP from China that costs less, and seems to break down in water better, then some of the USA Made TSP.
I do not pressure wash, but I always see several commercial pressure washing companies from here in the Tampa area buying stuff there.

Gene Beck

Simple Cherry rocks. I love the way it treats windows I have had many customers ask me if I washed their windows. I have also heard that Dawn can etch the glass. Don't know if I believe this and thats not why I changed, SC just does a great job when it comes to rinsing. I use about a cup per gallon of SH used. Of course the water to 12% SH ratio is adjusted to the needs of the cleaning but regardless usually 1 cup per 1 gallon.