• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Bitter Sweet!!

Carlos Gonzales

I have been meaning to get on this thread since Monday but have been up to my neck in "things" to do since coming back from NY.

I wanted to address a few things that have fortunately landed at my front door step over the last 48 hours.

I will start off by saying that this past weekend was just spectacular. Mathew Johnson probably took the industry a notch or two up with his event. Hands down it was planned out perfectly and well received. Mathew ~ thank you again for what you did in NY. I personally have received a couple calls today from some of the contractors there that simply were awed of your event. Again, you should be proud and the UAMCC is thankful to you for offering up the venue to LAUNCH the UAMCC.

Our intent prior to NY was to launch the UAMCC in NY. It was a logical choice and the venue was perfect for such an occasion. The TT members that attended NY had the ability to interact with the attendees in which we walked the contractors there through our slide show presentation. Our "plan", if you will, was to videotape the "announcement" of our launch on Sunday and announce we are officially open for membership on the BBS's.

At this point this is where things get a little "fuzzy". Due to conditions beyone our control we were unable to have the uamcc website completed on Sunday. Ken F. who leads the charge in this department had worked very hard to get the site up and operational. Unfortunately because of the complexity that the UAMCC site is, we as a team did not achieve our goal as originally planned.

My position at that time was that I did not feel comfortable launching "online" because we did not have a completed site to point those on the internet to for signup. Sure we had our PayPal account established but that also experienced some "bugs" in it to the extent that Rob and Ken actually had to sit down with those in NY that wanted to join and walk them through step by step.

At this time, I made the decision to hold off on announcing our launch on the internet and the BBS's ~ this was a difficult call but I also felt it was the right on. The reason being is that I just did not feel comfortable parking a half built site infront of our BBS's contractors.

The presentation by the UAMCCC in NY was hands on and live to the extent that the NY attendess drank the "UAMCC Kook-Aid" and were compelled to join. So we signed them up ~ as planned. All along we had high expectations that a Monday announcement to all of you that we are accepting membership would take place. Again, I was disappointed that Monday also proved to be a day in which the site would not go live.

It was only during this time when my phone started ringing by concerned contractors from the different BBS's expressing their questions of "why?" and "how come?". These questions are DEFINATELY justifiable. I explained or at least tried to explain what had happened.

Unfortunately the impression that was left to all of our colleagues and friends was that we (UAMCC) had purposely left out BBS members from joining. This is simply untrue.

The truth is that a series of events that lead up to this proclivity was unfortunately a domino effect of small glitches that turned into big glitches. I could not stop the glitches while I, Ken, Jeff and Rob were in NY. It just happened. For this, I am truly sorry to all of our colleagues on the boards.

We all have followed the progress of the UAMCC for many months. Our path has been traveled well and all of you deserve the same consideration that we offered the contractors in NY.

At the begining of this journey I did not nor pretended to have all the answers. This still stands today. This situation in NY caught many off guard and again I am deeply sorry if we jaded your opinions about this fine organization that ALL of us had a hand in building.

Mr. Johnson...I apologize to you for this mishap. Yes, the NE Seminar was the LAUNCH OF THE UAMCC and we do not take what happened up there lightly. I know you were hurt and disappointed that we could not follow through with the "online" announcement as we previously expected. I pray you can at least understand why I hesitated to launch "online".

For all our BBS contractors, I again apologize. I called Jeff L. today and he asked what was wrong. I simply said that "we stumpled on this launch". He agreed but he also knew of the hurdles that we as a team were facing.

Why talk about this? Well, I again feel it is only right to get this out in the open. In a perfect world we would only report on the good stuff. Well, this isn't perfect and I would like to believe that all of us can take the good and the bad. At least I hope so....

I need not to remind any of you of the huge undertaking this endeavor was. Establishing a national organization was more than what I thought it would be as I am now looking at the future of the UAMCC and I see much on the horizon that still needs to be addressed.

The Transition Team is tired....really we are. I am tired....it has been much over the last 14 months but we are still compelled to see this all the way through even after the weird way the UAMCC was launched.

Many of you have been supporting us and encouraging us to remain steadfast with our work. We thank you for that and will we will cherish these times as a once in a lifetime event.

Leadership must remain anchored with the UAMCC. And it is with that stamement that I must convey my sincerest gratitude to all of you on the BBS's that has helped this team accomplish something that has never been done before in our industry. Your bond with us was tainted over the weekend by a series of events that unfortunately caught myslef and the UAMCC off guard.

So the question is what do I do now? The site is still a few days away from being ready (Version I). Version II of the UAMCC website will soon follow.

From the late calls last night and the calls throughout the day today compels me to park the benefits in front of all of you right now. People want to know what the status is and what is going on. I must oblige that. We offered this to the contractors in NY at the launch and this must be the continuation of that.

As the title of this thread is "Bitter Sweet"...this is how I really feel. I feel miserable that I left a good friend down in NY and friends on the boards.

The most important factor here is that we want to get these benefits in your hands ASAP so that you can start using them.

This first wave of benefits will soon be followed by a 2nd wave of benefits.

Transition Team members....this announcement is the right course of action in lieu of our website release. Ken you have been killing yourself the last couple weeks getting the site perfect and I applaud you for taking on this insurmountable task.

After you join, proof of insurance is required. You can fax your ins. cert to 707.864.6076. A membership packet along with your memberships certificate will be mailed out to you.

The benefits will be posted within 24 hours for your review. I will touch base with the website build team tomorrow for an update on the site. Should the site be delayed beyond April 1st we will start accepting UAMCC Membership on April 1st without the site going live.

Stay tuned for immediate information about your membership.

Isaac Baghdanov

Thanks for being upfont. It seems like a huge task, and **** just happens. As for me, I will join up, not only for myself, but for the Industry and everyone in it proffesonaly, when I can come up with the funds, in a few weeks. I applaud the TT members, and lets all pitch in to make this THE pressure washing org. West siiide out

John Tornabene

Member Guest
Hey Carlos your undertaking with all this has been unbelievable and the same goes with the TT team. I don't think in all my years being involved with org's have I ever seen one guy give so much as you have in the past year. Also out of the 12+ RT's I've been to over the years The NY RT was at the very top for being organized and just well done all thru-out. Matt Johnson-Jack Kramer etc did such a fine job in getting this all together. So with that said it was a perfect marriage to jump start the UAMCC into its new beginning. As Time goes by the UAMCC will be fine tuned so if there was a Glitch now it will be gone eventually.

As many have said "Go UAMCC". Keep up the great work and as you have showed in the past there is no reason to rush to anything. Contractors for Contractors...what a great--NEW BEGINNING!!!!

Jeff LeCours

Glad you brought this up Carlos to let all our brothers know. I too got two calls about the launch from BB contractors as you know. Carlos and I and other Trans Team members talked about this often today and we are bringing it (the UAMCC) to all very soon.:clap:

The BB's have been a part of my family for years and all on the Transistion Team too. Don't any who want to join or are thinking of joining ever think or feel jaded. The UAMCC is for all pressure washing contractors contractors who visit the BB often, those who only pop in once in a while and those who never visit the BB. Pressure Washing contractors all are family in some ways and brothers always...... :yes:

Carlos mentions tired, he should be, he has worked harder than anyone can imagine, my hat is off to my brother. I personally am a little tired right now...but thats because I never sleep LOL LOL But after the huge excitement of all the contractors joining at NY and calls and emails from BB contractors. I am ready to ROCK & ROLL and keep adding to the UAMCC. I'm busy a heck with biz and family and yes with the UAMCC, but it doesnt matter. I talked to my beautiful wife Lisa and she said do what you have to do and she said she supports my and our efforts getting the UAMCC launched and moving forward through the next several months. Lisa had a great time in NY and saw the excitement, talked to contractors who couldnt wait to be in the UAMCC, contractors who want to expand their businesses and promote our great industry. Like I said she's behind me 100% and actually said she would like to help me and the UAMCC through 2009. What a great wife I have.

Contractors soon the UAMCC will wide open and I ask all join in and lets rock this, its for all of us. I already am working on getting volunteers to add more. I love The PWing industry and the UAMCC....oops I almost forgot I love my Xjet too LOL LOL. I have always like learning and helping on the BB's and I am loving helping with the UAMCC and I am here to continue to help. Heck bumps in the road, I have seen more bumps in my life than a cross country trucker. I just roll through those bumps and keep moving forard. Soon it will be in the hands of all the member contractors to take it all to the next level, so get involved and lets bring it on. I'm ready !!!!!

Go UAMCC...YAY